Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combat animation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Combat animation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combat animation - 11/15/2007 4:50:19 AM   
Farflame

I've just downloaded this game so I don't have the manual (I assume I can read it online somewhere)? Anyway, where's the combat animations gone from the first game? I found them really useful but now I just get the after-battle report.
Post #: 1
RE: Combat animation - 11/15/2007 4:36:02 PM   
kondor

You should have manual with your download.. At least I had it when I downloaded a game about year and a half...
Animation question was brought up before... It is a matter of taste I suppouse, but first thing I did in WAW is turning off animation . It takes up time and it is not important regarding data... And this game is time consuming enough .
Now you have only animations when Italy joins the war, fall of Paris etc. But I turned those of to, I can´t help myself .

(in reply to Farflame)
Post #: 2
RE: Combat animation - 11/15/2007 7:10:15 PM   
Farflame

Ahh thanks for that. I can live without them for the first few turns. I know they're a bit 'tacky', but I find them useful as it gives me a sense of just how good/bad my troops are compared to my enemies (if I'm missing by 1 point I know it's just bad luck, if I'm missing by 20 points I know I'm defeated :) ). I located the manual on the download, but still couldn't find the answer to that one.

I suspect this will come up in this game too, so hopefully someone can answer this aswell - how do I attack subs? I found in the first game that I'd send a light fleet to the enemy sub but I got no option to attack them. Why?

(in reply to kondor)
Post #: 3
RE: Combat animation - 11/16/2007 2:04:19 AM   
christian brown

quote:

how do I attack subs? I found in the first game that I'd send a light fleet to the enemy sub but I got no option to attack them. Why?

????
Wow!!!  That's odd; make sure you are using the most current version (IIRC v1.011) if PBEMing, if playing the AI, all you have to do is move a unit able to attack a sub (like your LF) and the little "battle box" WILL APPEAR, then just choose general attack (top left corner) and voila - the sub is attacked.................

PS, are you sure you did not accidentally try to attack the sub(s) more than once with the same light fleet on your turn?  Each unit only gets one attack per turn............

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Farflame)
Post #: 4
RE: Combat animation - 11/16/2007 5:25:45 AM   
Farflame

No, it wasn't that. I'd send a fleet from port to an enemy sub but no attack option came up. I thought perhaps subs were hidden underwater if they didn't attack the previous turn, but it didn't work for my own subs. Maybe it's not a problem in this new version, I'll soon find out :)

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 5
RE: Combat animation - 11/16/2007 10:14:50 PM   
Farflame

Hmm, Italy has joined the war now and Paris has fallen, but still no combat animation?

(in reply to Farflame)
Post #: 6
RE: Combat animation - 11/17/2007 1:24:01 AM   
christian brown

It's not actually a combat animation, you've probably turned off "Videos" or some such in the options menu...........

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Farflame)
Post #: 7
RE: Combat animation - 11/17/2007 2:48:17 AM   
Farflame

I mean the battle phase that was in WaW where you can see all the units firing at each other. I haven't changed anything, everything is on default and I've had a look around. I notice that in the manual there's no mention of the combat animation, but there is in the WaW manual - has it just been removed altogether?

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 8
RE: Combat animation - 11/17/2007 8:11:36 AM   
WanderingHead

Yes, the combat animations were removed altogether.

It's the first question in the FAQ! http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1297484

(in reply to Farflame)
Post #: 9
RE: Combat animation - 11/17/2007 2:36:42 PM   
Farflame

Ok thanks. Shame, I miss them :(

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> The War Room >> Combat animation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI