Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quality, Disposition and Morale?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Quality, Disposition and Morale? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quality, Disposition and Morale? - 12/12/2006 2:24:46 PM   
Icedawg

Could someone please indicate the differences and relationships between these three items? I think I'm a bit confused in how they are represented.

First of all, I think the game equates quality and morale. Those chevrons right above the supply circles in the unit window have phrases like "seasoned", "experienced" and "greeen". These three all seem to imply quality, but there's one, "unsteady", that seems to imply morale. So, are these terms, morale and quality, basically the same thing as far as the game is concerned?

Secondly, what is "disposition" meant to represent in the first place? Some of the terms used seem to imply morale ("zealous", "inspired", etc.) as well, so I'm assuming there is a connection between disposition and morale. There's also a connection between hospitals and disposition, so I'm assuming that disposition also affects disease and desertion somehow. Is that right?
Post #: 1
RE: Quality, Disposition and Morale? - 12/12/2006 5:29:47 PM   
jonreb31

Disposition is Morale. Disposition doesn't affect attrition, however I believe it's something on the wishlist.

< Message edited by JonReb -- 12/12/2006 5:42:32 PM >

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Quality, Disposition and Morale? - 12/12/2006 5:40:02 PM   
jimwinsor

Yes, basically Quality = Morale in FoF.

Morale (i.e., Quality)
– Each unit is given a Morale rating, equal to its Quality rating at the strategic level. The defender’s units receive an automatic bonus of +2.0. Morale is also modified by the unit’s Disposition. This rating is displayed just below the unit’s Strength. It is also represented by a slight "jitter" to the unit figure, in proportion to how much Morale a unit has lost in combat. (The jitter can be turned off from the Options menu, but only for the "chit view".)

And Disposition is something new to FoF.  Here are the Glossary defs:

Disposition — A statistic of a brigade that measures their morale and organization on a strategic level. Disposition is lowered by having low supplies, suffering disease losses, and losing battles, and is increased by nearby hospitals and by the effects of generals. Disposition is described with one of the following levels: Rebellious, Disorganized,
Low, Normal, Inspired, or Zealous. Units with Normal Disposition have no particular bonus or penalty.

QualityA measure of the experience and training of a unit, Quality is measured on a scale between 0 - 10.0.

< Message edited by jimwinsor -- 12/12/2006 5:48:53 PM >

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 3
RE: Quality, Disposition and Morale? - 12/12/2006 10:51:44 PM   
ericbabe

In the design, I thought of Disposition as being a temporary modifier to Quality.  I wanted to give temporary penalties to armies that had just lost big battles to represent the disorganized state in which defeated armies often found themselves.  Disposition modifies the Quality of the unit to get its combat Morale.

Units at "Rebellious" disposition suffer a separate attrition every strategic turn.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Quality, Disposition and Morale? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI