Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is Matrix Games trying to do TOO much???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Is Matrix Games trying to do TOO much??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Matrix Games trying to do TOO much??? - 5/11/2001 5:24:00 AM   
jsaurman

I have always admired your hard work and dedication to making great wargames and then giving unprecedented support and feedback, but over the last few months I have noticed a disturbing trend. It is not anything concrete that can be summed up in one sentence, but it is more a feeling that you guys are overloading yourselves so much that everything is fixing to implode. It is mostly in the way your posts read, but then I started to notice broken links on your webpages, then the forums got moved around and the links weren't updated, the flash part of the website was removed, etc. Combat Net has also stopped working. I thought it might be something on my end, so I wanted to download the new version. I went to the Combat Net forum, and it has moved to a new place, militarygamer online site. Once I get there, I find out that the link to download it is incorrect. I mess around with my ftp client and eventually find it. It had .exe for the link instead of the .zip it should have had. Do you get my point? Attention to detail is slipping. A little bit each day. I know you guys want to do everything and please everyone, but it is not working. Slow down. Refocus. Do a few things fewer. Take a few days longer to do them. Don't promise updates so quickly, promise them a few months down the road, you can always move the date up, but it is frustrating people when you continually push the date back. I don't want to seem as though I am complaining, because taken individually, my observations are all about trivial things, but I think that the trivial things are what define a great company from a mediocre ones. And if you let enough trivial things build up, they do become major things. Ask for help. You have (how many? a thousand?) Steel Panthers players who would be more than happy to chip in to do whatever needs to be done, like maintain the website, or moderate forums. If you are going to grow, you will eventually have to delegate more. I myself would do anything within my power to help you all out. Just ask. Jim

Post #: 1
- 5/11/2001 6:01:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Jim That is not really the whole story. What it seems and what we must do and can do does not always line up. We had to move to a new network to support our growing gamers on our site. Also improve the store since not all of our customers can use it. All this came at a time when we were trying to release SPWaW. We upgraded the forum software the install crashed and almost destoryed the forum. The forum software had one of there techs come and fix the site since it was their software fault. When they restored our forums they put the one links (Which I had fixed) back. One of these tasks are tough enough but doing all of them at once is almost impossible. We figure we have about another 2 to 4 weeks for us to get everything working and corrected. So please keep reporting the site errors and we will keep fixing them. Thanks for your support.

(in reply to jsaurman)
Post #: 2
- 5/11/2001 6:18:00 AM   
Svar

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath: Hi Jim That is not really the whole story. What it seems and what we must do and can do does not always line up. We had to move to a new network to support our growing gamers on our site. Also improve the store since not all of our customers can use it. All this came at a time when we were trying to release SPWaW. We upgraded the forum software the install crashed and almost destoryed the forum. The forum software had one of there techs come and fix the site since it was their software fault. When they restored our forums they put the one links (Which I had fixed) back. One of these tasks are tough enough but doing all of them at once is almost impossible. We figure we have about another 2 to 4 weeks for us to get everything working and corrected. So please keep reporting the site errors and we will keep fixing them. Thanks for your support.
David, When I try the links at the top of the forums page I get this message: *************************************** Error- 404 Requested Information 208.185.88.171//news.asp is unavailable. Failed to connect to server 208.185.88.171 (80) reason: connect: Connection refused ************************************** I was trying the Matrix link (first link) but you get similar messages for all the links I think, I didn't try them all just most of them. Svar

(in reply to jsaurman)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Is Matrix Games trying to do TOO much??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI