Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trouble Loading BIN E-mail Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Trouble Loading BIN E-mail Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble Loading BIN E-mail Game - 3/22/2007 8:14:14 PM   
Basic Wiring

When I hit "Load Email Game" I get the screen with the filename of my opponent's first move: "Overload_axs_01.dbn" and I enter "Load it" then I get a basically blank screen with only "Scenario Name: Overlord" and "Scenario folder: Battles in Normandy" in the upper left corner and a choice of either "Search for Best Fit" or "Return to Start". I enter "Search for Best Fit" and get a screen, again with "Scenario Name: Overlord" and "Scenario folder: Battles in Normandy" in the upper left corner, along with a list of 10 or so items ( bridges.scn: ;supplies:scn ;objectives.scn: ; and so on down to the last of which is "terrain.scn: Different", with three options: "Try to Start Anyway", "Search for Best Fit" and "Return to Start". I enter "Try to Start Anyway" and it kicks back to the initial "Play BIN" screen. I've tried it 3 times -- same result each time. It won't let me load my opponent's first move. I went to Matrix to make sure I had the latest patches and reloaded the one patch they had which I'm now running. We're both using BIN ver 1.01.
I tried sending a first move to him, and he was unable to open it.
When he tried a 2nd time by sending me his first move of a different scenario, I essentially got the same screens and messages, except in addition to "terrain.scn=Different" the screen also listed four additional "=Different" items: Supply.scn ; objectives.scn; countryData.scn ; and, newUnits.scn. Otherwise, look and results the same. A no go.
Any idea what could be preventing us from loading our first moves to each other (for what it's worth, I'm playing a couple "Korsun Pocket" e-mail games with a couple other guys without problems, but I've never played BIN using email.)
Post #: 1
RE: Trouble Loading BIN E-mail Game - 3/24/2007 5:57:19 PM   
JSS

This error is caused by your opponent having a different version of the scenario.  This is normally a v2.01 vs. v2.02 thing.

(in reply to Basic Wiring)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Battles In Normandy Support >> Trouble Loading BIN E-mail Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI