Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Install feedback

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Install feedback Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Install feedback - 2/20/2007 2:01:14 AM   
marccc

Greetings,

COI has renewed my interest in the CC series and I'm already looking forward to new releases. I haven't started playing it yet but I have some minor suggestions about ordering + installation that Matrix may want to address:

1. I use a gmail account and my order confirmation went to my spam folder. This rarely ever happens so I'm not sure what the deal is, you may want to include a warning about this on the order form.

2. Then the download page crashed my XP windows explorer (not just IE, the system had to reboot). Again I've never experienced this before which is also very strange.

3. I was under the impression that a d/l link valid for 30 days would be sent to me by email, either I'm wrong or I never received it (and I did check the spam folder :)). I do not need it personally as I saved the d/l page manually, but just reporting it in case it's a potential problem.

4. Some people reported slow d/l's, mine was fast at ~0.7Mb/sec, so for a ~700MB it took between 15 and 20 minutes, which is very reasonable I thought.

and my only gripe:

5. The installer forces you to put the game under %path\program files\... which was a pain as I had to move it manually and readjust shortcuts, links, registry etc... to put it under \games. Please fix this for future releases.

thanks!

PS: anyone still in touch with Keith Zabalaoui the CEO of Atomic? What's he up to these days anyone know? I used to playtest PBEM games with him back in like '93-'94 on the V for Victory series, I would badger him about a house-to-house combat type game unlike V4V, and finally I managed to plant some close combat seeds in his mind :-)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Install feedback Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI