Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem with H3 on laptop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Problem with H3 on laptop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem with H3 on laptop - 3/7/2007 11:21:17 AM   
WayneBGood

I have been trying to use H3 on my laptop but it's a chore to get it to run. first there is this weird display bug since i'm using AOL as my browser the screen goes to magenta unless I use the task manager to close all AOL processes. The other problem is whe it is running the game the mouse is uncontrollable. I've disabbled the movie maker and verbose weapon dialogue but the mouse still lags considerably. I have also used the config utility to speed up the mouse but still not good.
The laptop is a dell 5100 with a pentium 4, 2.66 ghz. I'm running 768 gigs of ram. I also noticed when the game starts the cpu goes to 100% activity. I'm using the latest beta RC 6. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Problem with H3 on laptop - 3/29/2007 11:29:37 AM   
WayneBGood

Okay, just an update, Yes AOL does have it's own browser.
I did as you asked, and updated the video drivers, and increased the speed of the mouse in the launcher. Without going into the taskmanager and deleting all that is aol I still get the odd color distortions. no biggie It's easy enough to to fix. The issue for me is not having very good mouse control, this literally makes the game unuseable if I'm trying to load a large scenario. the smaller ones the mouse problem isn't so bad. Any other suggestions?
Wayne
Post #: 2
RE: Problem with H3 on laptop - 3/30/2007 6:27:45 AM   
WayneBGood

Thanks for your response, with my laptop basically it's only my firewall and virus scan load up. The rest of the stuff, loads when I need it. Except file sharing, no need for it.I use a mouse, the touch pad just doesn't do it for playing a game.
I think it maybe the size of the scenario that is creating the problem. I tried some of the medium scenarios and the mouse problem wasn't an issue. Hoping v.3.8.1 will clear the problem up.

Wayne
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Problem with H3 on laptop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI