Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to cancel a building construction?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> How to cancel a building construction? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to cancel a building construction? - 5/24/2007 12:25:44 AM   
Billy_Yank

I've began work on a new building in a city, but I'd like to cancel it before pressing the End of Turn button. Trying to stop it I've even ordered another one, and can't find the way to undo this.

I've tried to cancel the buiding with "backspace" but it does nothing.
Post #: 1
RE: How to cancel a building construction? - 5/24/2007 12:41:28 AM   
Gil R.

If you don't hit backspace right after ordering up the building, you'll have to hit backspace over and over until you get back to that move. Unfortunately, everything one does in a turn is remembered in the order it's done, so there's no shortcut to undoing buildings.

(in reply to Billy_Yank)
Post #: 2
RE: How to cancel a building construction? - 5/24/2007 7:07:20 AM   
Gray_Lensman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

If you don't hit backspace right after ordering up the building, you'll have to hit backspace over and over until you get back to that move. Unfortunately, everything one does in a turn is remembered in the order it's done, so there's no shortcut to undoing buildings.

Gil, there is a "bug" in the backspace sequence, but I haven't been able to pin it down. Every once in a while after backspacing, it messes up and doubles up on production in some cities after processing the "End Turn". It seems to happen when there is a military unit in the production sequence that you are backspacing back through. Symptoms show up next turn as 2 items of the same thing due at the same time in the some of the cities you picked new production for the previous turn (i.e. when you did the backspacing).

Can't give you a save file because, once you load the save file, the backspace capability is gone, so you'll have to duplicate what I've described here.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: How to cancel a building construction? - 5/26/2007 11:11:13 AM   
Mr. Yuck

I'm having that happen with buildings. I went on a big mint-building spree at the start of a turn, then started plotting out some unit moves. My son woke up with diaper failure so I backspaced all the way thru the turn and saved before running his bath.

When I went back to the game later, I repeated the mint-building spree. 4 turns later I had 6 cities over their support limits by 1 mint each.

(in reply to Gray_Lensman)
Post #: 4
RE: How to cancel a building construction? - 5/26/2007 6:43:33 PM   
Gil R.

Thanks for the reports. It's too late to make any changes to the patch, and since you're all playing with a version of the patch that is obsolete (compared to the one we've been testing internally) there's always the chance that this has been fixed inadvertently. So, what makes sense is for you watch for this after installing the final patch, and if the problem is still around please report it as a bug.

(in reply to Mr. Yuck)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> How to cancel a building construction? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI