Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Info from russia

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Info from russia Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Info from russia - 4/30/2007 7:22:34 PM   
Falesh

AllSeeingI just posted some info from players in russia that have the game on the games forum: http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1426

quote:

if every single soldier dies in a mission - everyone really dies;

tank operators die, no hospital;

it's really hard to play, "medium" level seems like "superhuman" in original game

dumb in-mission camera.
Post #: 1
RE: Info from russia - 4/30/2007 9:02:30 PM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falesh
AllSeeingI just posted some info from players in russia that have the game on the games forum: http://www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1426
quote:

if every single soldier dies in a mission - everyone really dies;

tank operators die, no hospital;

Now this just made things even more strange, but again, this may be a language issue: Does this mean everyone has to die for death to occur? If one trooper makes it, everyone is injured only? Tank Operators die . Why only Tank Operators?

I'm starting to suspect this is a huge set up to make us all worked up over the release

(in reply to Falesh)
Post #: 2
RE: Info from russia - 4/30/2007 9:08:21 PM   
Falesh

My guess is that they have technology to bring people back from what was previously thought of as death but they can only do that if they have the bodies. If you lose everyone then they can't get the bodies back so all die.

p.s. That is if you can bring people back from death at all, this is still based on limited info.

< Message edited by Falesh -- 4/30/2007 9:10:33 PM >

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 3
RE: Info from russia - 4/30/2007 9:12:38 PM   
LitFuel

Well, so far we've heard from one reviewer and one russian guy...it could go either way at this point. I won't believe anything now until I hear much more about this. This has to be one of the funniest releases ever, and while all hell breaks lose the developers are still in hiding. Will they come out after the game is released, will we ever see patches?, Will the planet ever get hit my a meteor in our lifetime....who knows?

Hey Matrix guys, I thought I remember one of you saying you played some of it..do they die or not?

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 4
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 1:00:36 AM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: LitFuel
This has to be one of the funniest releases ever.....

Completely agree!

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 5
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 1:38:33 AM   
evilferretvictim

Keep in mind this guy who lives in Russia has NOT played the game yet, he he's just going by what people are saying (possibly some Russian gaming forums)...He said he is going to buy the game tomorrow. I would hardly call a few people getting the game early "all hell breaking loose"... Now if the game was *leaked* a month ago, things would be much different.

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 6
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 4:37:33 AM   
LitFuel

quote:

ORIGINAL: evilferretvictim

Keep in mind this guy who lives in Russia has NOT played the game yet, he he's just going by what people are saying (possibly some Russian gaming forums)...He said he is going to buy the game tomorrow. I would hardly call a few people getting the game early "all hell breaking loose"... Now if the game was *leaked* a month ago, things would be much different.

I ment the peoples reaction to the no death thing, and other aspects of gameplay because that info has come out, not that the game has actually been released in russia.

(in reply to evilferretvictim)
Post #: 7
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 4:52:59 AM   
Arctic Blast

This actually breaking down into high comedy, now.

"Some guy in Sweden's brother's cousin knows the guy who delivered pizza once to the brother of the graphics developer, and HE said..."

Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 8
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 5:08:50 AM   
thenightgaunt

Ah, well people never respond well to changes.

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 9
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 10:10:52 AM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arctic Blast
This actually breaking down into high comedy, now.

"Some guy in Sweden's brother's cousin knows the guy who delivered pizza once to the brother of the graphics developer, and HE said..."

And who's that guy in Sweden? If it's not me, I'd like to talk to him to confirm a thing or two! There are not that many of us up here you know.....

(in reply to Arctic Blast)
Post #: 10
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 10:36:36 AM   
misadlouhy

I guess, noone will play it on the release date, except for those mysterious guys in Russia 

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 11
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 10:42:39 AM   
Da_Junka

Oi, this int on, the Russian getting it before us, this sort of thing could kick of the cold war, all over.
Matrix you have a responsibility to keep us ahead of the Russians in PC games market, release our UFO before the Russians get to far ahead of us in the game.

(in reply to misadlouhy)
Post #: 12
RE: Info from russia - 5/1/2007 10:44:26 AM   
misadlouhy

there is no multiplayer component in the game, you do not need to worry that Russians will get too far away.... 

(in reply to Da_Junka)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> UFO: Extraterrestrials >> Info from russia Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI