Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

..Vortex by Larry Bond..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> ..Vortex by Larry Bond.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
..Vortex by Larry Bond.. - 5/6/2007 6:07:17 PM   
a white rabbit

..read the book and strangely enjoyed it, it's well written for one...

..ok, i reckon it as a good what-if scen..

..South Africa, 1991/2/3-ish..briefly, the story..de Klerk and cabinet get wiped by an ANC attack that was known to the hard-liners, hard-line religious maniac takes control, invades Namibia, Cubans intervene, on the side of Freedom (with Soviet backing) , things go downhill till the SA chimp get's big boom(Israeli Technology) happy. The USA does it's best to not get involved directly but has to as world metal markets go skywards, and speeds up it's non-boom intervention after a Cuban attack column gets vaporised, and the SA loonie starts dusting the mines with radioactive waste..

..try and read the book, as a "what if", i feel it hangs together and has some interesting gaming possibilities..

..toodA, irmAb moAs'lyB 'exper'mentin'..,..beàn'tus all..?,
Post #: 1
RE: ..Vortex by Larry Bond.. - 5/6/2007 6:24:29 PM   
Huskerherbie

That is a great book. I have it too and read it many times. Also you should check out Cauldron and Red Phoniex by Larry too. Any of these books I finish in a few days and feel really tired as I read them late into the nights.   THey are great and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I would love to have senarior from these books. Just don't have the time like lots of other people. I really wish for the like 30 hours in a day so I can work/play/sleep... LOL  

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 2
RE: ..Vortex by Larry Bond.. - 5/6/2007 6:28:39 PM   
Terminus

Fantastic group of books. If anybody has a map of South Africa, we'd be half-way there. Problem is that the scenario has more than two sides...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Huskerherbie)
Post #: 3
RE: ..Vortex by Larry Bond.. - 5/6/2007 7:03:53 PM   
a white rabbit

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Fantastic group of books. If anybody has a map of South Africa, we'd be half-way there. Problem is that the scenario has more than two sides...

..only at the end..them elephants ( Elmer intervention)..sighh..hint-hint

..till then it's mostly EvilEd stuff for the US (and Russians ?), and a period of 1-on-1, suped up Cubans plus ANC-n-stuff(guerillas etc)vs SADF+ commandoes, then US/Brit intervention, on the Cuban side....

..and yes, i agree, it's really well written, i'm still trying to find a hole..

..if i can get the others i will**, but this one says, interesting scen to me, well balanced, and needs to be played well on both sides..

..** all i'm getting is second-hand from the USA, so contribute...

< Message edited by a white rabbit -- 5/6/2007 7:05:13 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: ..Vortex by Larry Bond.. - 5/7/2007 8:10:49 AM   
a white rabbit

..ok, i can do the map, and rough out an EvilEd based on the book's timeline, anyone want to do the Cuban and African troops, while someone else does the South Africans ? My net acces is spotty so my research time limited and both sets of forces need some thinking about. The USA and Brits are easy and so can be left till the end..

(in reply to a white rabbit)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> ..Vortex by Larry Bond.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI