Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russians

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Russians Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russians - 5/21/2007 6:42:35 PM   
heenanc

thinking about bringing the russian into the war!! Is the stronghold that need to be reduced just one base or is it an area? If it's an area what base's are include? How would you go about getting the base below the 8'000 required?
Post #: 1
RE: Russians - 5/21/2007 6:58:21 PM   
WhoCares

It's the puppet nation called Manchukuo, basically covering all bases east of Beijing. Well, not exactly but when you look on the map you should see a border running through China east of Beijing.
All bases east of this border are your target (maybe excluding Korea, covering Pusan, Seoul and more; there should be another border...). Well, actually not the bases but the land combat units (LCUs) stationed there. More precisely the infantry squads and tanks in those LCUs. These define the assault value of the unit and the sum of all assault values in this Manchkuo area have to be over 8000 to comply with the garison requirements. If it drops below 8000 it can (but not automatically will, if I remember correctly) trigger the activation of the russians.
So you have to disable/destroy as many infantry squads and tanks as possible to reduce the assault value.
At the same time you would have to destroy the supply of those units to prevent them from restoring their strength.

How? Well, bombard them from the air or invade Manchukuo with your western and chinese forces. But if you can do that, you might no longer need the russians

< Message edited by WhoCares -- 5/22/2007 2:23:46 PM >

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 2
RE: Russians - 5/21/2007 7:46:06 PM   
AmiralLaurent

By the way, if you are playing the AI, the Kwantung Army (facing the Russian) will have 10-12 000 AV points by 43-44, so it will be a long time before you reduce this army below the 8000 mark.

The count is done on a geographical area (shown by the border displayed on the map) and not depending on the command. So a China Army unit coming in Kwantung will increase the AV score, while a Kwantung Army unit going to China (forbidden by a very common home rule but allowed by the game) will decrease it.

Other than that Soviet will be activated anyway in summer 45.

If you're playing Japan the simplest way to activate Russia is to send a Japanese unit over the border (in the north, on other sides there are rivers). That is also done by many PBEM that have a home rule of activating the Soviet either at start, or 1 or 2 months before the actual invasion. With start deployment the Soviet are toast to a slightly reinforced Kwantung Army, but with one month to redeploy that is another matter.

(in reply to WhoCares)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Russians Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI