Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trouble with converted association

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Trouble with converted association Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trouble with converted association - 5/9/2007 5:19:05 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Hello, Shaun!

I'm having numerous problems with an association that I converted from PSB 2005 over to 2007 CE 5. When I came over, the 05 association was about to enter the playoffs. Here's a list of problems I'm experiencing with this association (but with none of the others I've converted from earlier 07 versions or outright began in CE 5):

(1) PSPN was showing an initial hit streak record of 0 which is fine, but as the games went on, hit streaks were being listed but none were kept as the record-- somehow this error fixed itself after the playoffs when the new season began.

(2) During the post-season, player's regular season stats were still being displayed. There was never a "2nd/reset" accounting of post-season performance.

(3) Now in the new season, I've noticed that at least several pitchers in the minor leagues which have 0 losses or wins show [object] in the box where the zero should be. A 3-0 pitcher shows as 3-[object], for example.

(4) I noticed that the Best Rookie Pitcher title appears as xxxxxxx instead. This can be easily changed by going into the .XML file, but it probably should not appear there.

(5) Players who retired show 0.00 in their career totals when the Retirements window pops up, even if they had major league careers

(6) The Almanac is being a pain. I've tried rebuilding only what has changed as well as rebuilding all; the problems are still there.

(a) First, there are multiple entries of the same player-- if I go to the HTML Almanac and select "B" under players, 10 of the first 11 are listed twice. Interestingly enough a couple of them are listed once, then it shows a duplicate of two guys, another duplicate, and then that first guy's name again. It almost looks like not only are there doubles, but no one sorted by name.
(b) Second, the vast majority (well over 90%) of those listed don't have career stats, even though they've played in the majors for at least 1 year. They just show zeros.
(c) Third, there are a few screens (Seasons, for example) that when I click on them, they go to a This program cannot display the webpage error-- identical to the kind you get when you bring up IE and you have no internet connection.

(7) When I go into the Team Transactions link from my team's Home Office, I get the following error:

After which, when I click OK, the game just hangs. I need to ask Task Manager to close it for me.

That's all I have at the moment. What gets me the most is that all of these issues are only happening with THIS association and none of the others i've brought into CE 5. The only thing it has that stands out from the others is that this one came from PSB 05, all the others came from 07. I'll put screenshots of the other errors in posts below.

Thanks in advance, Shaun!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 5/9/2007 5:22:48 PM >

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean
Post #: 1
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/9/2007 5:22:22 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

A screenshot of Retirements with 0 career totals:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 2
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/9/2007 5:27:57 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Here's a shot of the repeats in the HTML Almanac. Notice how every one is listed twice except for Ronald Bailey. However, 4 names down, there he is again! Same goes for Charles Bailey who appears to be listed only once, until you go down another 5 names and there he is. Also note how their Career Stats is 0-0 0.00 even though they've had at least SOME Major League time:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/13/2007 8:29:44 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

::cough cough:: BUMP ::cough cough::

Post #: 4
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/14/2007 4:30:39 PM   
Sonny II

No wonder they called it quits - they never got any playing time!

Post #: 5
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/19/2007 7:15:41 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Bump-O-Matic 2000 (tm)

One last bump, hoping Shaun will spot it over the weekend and provide some help.

(in reply to Sonny II)
Post #: 6
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/20/2007 8:18:10 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frozen Stiffer

(2) During the post-season, player's regular season stats were still being displayed. There was never a "2nd/reset" accounting of post-season performance.

An update on this. Looking at my players, their cards show stats for the last post-season. No reset occurred but somehow the game still seperated these stats and now displays them accurately on the player card.

Post #: 7
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/21/2007 4:12:37 PM   
Bustoff

I am also experiencing problems 2, 3, 5 6a and 6b with at least two of my associations.

Post #: 8
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/21/2007 4:47:30 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

Bustoff,

I surely won't say that I'm glad that it's happening to you, but I must confess that I'm glad it's not just happening to me-- this lets me know it's a technical game-issue and not something wrong with my prized, valued association. I hate to thing that something irreparable has happened to an association I've put so much time and effort into...

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 9
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/21/2007 7:01:47 PM   
Bustoff

Glad I can share your misery, Frozen. This has actually been an issue for me for a long while, perhaps since the birth of the HTML almanac feature. I do not utilize the almanac all that much, so it hasn't been a high priority for me...but I have actually deleted the entire almanac folder for these associations and re-created all the files from scratch, to no avail.

My main issue right now is with one of my teams. All of my relief pitchers and about half of my starters just totally suck canal water despite their reasonably high ratings. The Columbia Chevrons, who have won 17 championships in 33 years, have been at the bottom of the standings for 3 consecutive seasons, with an ERA easily twice as high as in previous seasons...and the pitchers give out home runs like they were party favors. I know this will pass, even if I have to trade/release the whole #*&%@^ pitching staff, but I HATE being a loser!

Post #: 10
RE: Trouble with converted association - 5/26/2007 3:49:58 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Update to Problem #2: My team made it to the playoffs again. Yet as before, the pitcher's stats are reset, but the position players' are not-- sorta. You see, they show their old stats in the Lineup windows while you're managing a game. However, when the player comes up to bat, his listed stats are only for the post-season. I know it shows in the Text Play by Play window their record in the regular season, but it also shows this record in the lineup windows at each end of the screen.

Update to Problem #7: Even in the new season, this problem continues to happen. The only difference between the setup I have here and any others is that this is PC is using Vista. Could that have anything to do with it?

< Message edited by Frozen Stiffer -- 5/26/2007 3:52:19 AM >

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Trouble with converted association Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI