Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft non-production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Aircraft non-production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft non-production - 6/21/2007 11:35:37 AM   
spilbuster

Hi, am playing full campaign as japan but some of my aircraft factories refuse to come online or expand beyond what they are now. FE: my oscar (aircraft already in production) factory has been at (119) x 1 since the start and has not expanded beyond this 1 airframe, 8 per month with both factories. many others are the same. They have adequate supplies, engineers and consruction battalions are present yet they remain in limbo. Have even stopped production around them in all industries just to see if widespread construction was meaning they were not getting enough attention.

Any ideas what i need to kick start their production and get the airframe numbers produced up beyond what they are now. Plenty of everything at all home island bases but still no expansion!! Any ideas would be welcomed as havent got the manual to refer to.

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft non-production - 6/21/2007 12:12:25 PM   
Mistmatz

The number in brackets indicate the non-operational production lines. In order to get them working you need to set the repair option for the equipment to 'yes'.

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft non-production - 6/21/2007 12:21:13 PM   
spilbuster

Yep, checked that, all my industries are set to 'yes' for repair but still no advancement. only increase im seeing is in -rd and manufacture of A3, even shut down plants to see if giving the stalled ones attention would help but didnt. Cheers for that tho

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft non-production - 6/21/2007 12:38:11 PM   
AmiralLaurent

The base where your factory is should have 10 000 supplies or more to repair. Either ship supplies in if this is not the case, or move a HQ in the base to draw supplies.

Sadly the fact that one wants to repair something, and so needs 10k supplies, didn't raise the supply requirements managed by the AI, and they're the only thing that will make supplies move between land base.

So either you send a Command HQ (will try to draw 20k supplies) or move enough troops/air units to have supplies required above 10k.

Edited: another thing, engineers are useless to repair industry (HI, AC, engine, oil, resource, etc...), all you need is supplies (and some HI/manpower but they come from a global pool and only some points are required so no shortage here). So move your ENG units somewhere they will be more usuful to build port, AF or forts.

< Message edited by AmiralLaurent -- 6/21/2007 12:39:49 PM >

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft non-production - 6/21/2007 12:55:19 PM   
spilbuster

Cheers AdmiralLaurent, will give it a go and see what happens. Moving the Eng was a last try before coming on here so thanks.

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft non-production - 6/21/2007 5:03:03 PM   
Charbroiled

I had a problem with getting supplies to Kyoto (can't ship supplies, land locked). Stationed a HQ....a Div.....air units....etc. No supplies. Once I increased the airfield size, the supplies started pouring in.

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft non-production - 6/23/2007 9:15:22 AM   
erstad

You didn't mention what month the game is in. If you're talking about an Oscar II, it's not available until well into the game. The repair rate on factories is lower the further away the introduction of the plane is. (Which is actually a good thing, IMHO, since you can just leave the R&D factories on at the beginning of the game without sucking up all the starting supply in the HI in the first month or whatever - less micromanagement)

As you approach the plane introduction date, the rate of repair will increase, approaching 1 point/day as an asymptote. Of course, you do need to keep the 10K supplies there as previously noted.

Edit: OK, I see you did claim the plane was in production in the first post. But it might be worth doublechecking!

< Message edited by erstad -- 6/23/2007 9:16:08 AM >

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Aircraft non-production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI