Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to assign Generals$

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> How to assign Generals$ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to assign Generals$ - 8/14/2007 11:38:46 PM   
lew

Just fired up FOF - can't find information on how to assign generals. Am I missing it in the manual? Sorry if so.
Appreciate help for a newbie.
Thanks,
Lew
Post #: 1
RE: How to assign Generals$ - 8/15/2007 2:05:13 AM   
heroes99

Hi I am new as well and really struggling to learn this game :)

You might want to read this two thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1458019&mpage=1&key=�

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1433321

For you question - the answer directly paste from the thread above

I don´t know how to dispatch the few generals, how to involve the new brigades

Im making an assumption here and please correct me if im wrong. I know when i started playing the predecessor to FoF, Crown of Glory that it toke me a few to get the hang of the container system the game uses. I get the feeling u havent done that yet. Again if im wrong let me know.

Basicly generals and all other units need to go into containers. A container is a fleet, at sea or a Division, corps and army at land. So what u need to do to generals and new brigaes is when u have them selected you need to left click them into the containers.
U can open and review containers by right clicking on them.

Cheers

(in reply to lew)
Post #: 2
RE: How to assign Generals$ - 8/15/2007 3:43:19 AM   
Gil R.

Exactly. The key thing is that generals first have to be moved to the province the "container" is in (if they're not already there). Then just click on the general (or CTRL-leftclick on multiple generals) to select, and when you move the mouse arrow over the container you'll get a big, fat, white down-arrow that lets you know that if you unclick you'll be placing the generals inside.

As explained in the manual, an army can only be commanded by a 4-star, corps by a 3-star, and division by a 2-star. The game knows this, so if you put a 2-star in an army it will assign him to a division automatically, and you can then move him around further. What I usually do instead is right-click on a province, which opens up into an "attachment box" EVERYTHING you control in that province, making it easier to assign generals where I want with just one click instead of two. This is useful, for example, if I have a specific idea about which division I want to put a specific general in, instead of letting the game decide for me (e.g., if I have a general with a cavalry rating and just one cavalry unit in my army, I want to make sure the general ends up in the same division as the unit).

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to heroes99)
Post #: 3
RE: How to assign Generals$ - 8/15/2007 8:42:51 AM   
heroes99

lew : you have to pratice on the " container " system and it takes a while to do it

Run through the tutorial , play a bit , read the some section of the manual and play a bit / run tutorial again n read through another section of the manual

You need to be patience to get over the initial confusion/awkward interface or else you will give up without even firing the first shot , just like me when I first got the game ...

The latest patch has bring some improvement to the game  ,  so make sure you patch it up

Cheers

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> How to assign Generals$ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI