Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod) - 5/13/2007 5:32:20 PM   
aztez

I'am looking for an replacement player for Big B's mod to step into Japanese shoes.

Rob Brennan had to withdraw due to personal reasons so I would like to continue this one.

We are currently in 19th of February 1942.

There are Japanese AAR started by Rob so you might want check that out regarding current situation. He has actually done quite well and have seized large terrotories.

(There is an Allied one too but that is off limits to the Japanese player... and the Japanese one is off limits to me)

PM me if intrested.

Regards,

Aztez

PS: I'am looking for someone who is familiar name from these boards since I really would like to finish this one too in one day.

< Message edited by aztez -- 5/13/2007 5:35:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod) - 5/15/2007 8:35:11 PM   
Miller

PM sent.

Edit: Sorry I have just realised you are playing the stock map version, If it had been AB's map I would have been interested. Hope you find an opponent soon.

< Message edited by Miller -- 5/15/2007 8:41:30 PM >

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod) - 5/16/2007 5:54:55 PM   
aztez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

PM sent.

Edit: Sorry I have just realised you are playing the stock map version, If it had been AB's map I would have been interested. Hope you find an opponent soon.

That is ok and I did not receive the PM

Thanks. Lets see whether something happens if not than so be it. I'am just too tired at the moment to start from scratch with the allies.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod) - 5/16/2007 6:49:32 PM   
Sardaukar

What is the days per turn ? If 2d-turns, I might be interested. If it's not 2d-turn, I pass (can it actually be changed "in-game"?". Since Rob has done all the "dirty work" from start and Stock map is easier for Japanese (unlike the CHS we tried which aggravated my movement/combat woes), I might try.
I have checked your AAR about this in past, but not recently (since I only check new posts in AARs)..and cannot remember anything from that thread !

If you don't find other opponent before Saturday, email me. I'm very busy right now, but should be able to do 4-5 turns a week.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 4
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod) - 5/16/2007 7:03:10 PM   
aztez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

What is the days per turn ? If 2d-turns, I might be interested. If it's not 2d-turn, I pass (can it actually be changed "in-game"?". Since Rob has done all the "dirty work" from start and Stock map is easier for Japanese (unlike the CHS we tried which aggravated my movement/combat woes), I might try.
I have checked your AAR about this in past, but not recently (since I only check new posts in AARs)..and cannot remember anything from that thread !

If you don't find other opponent before Saturday, email me. I'm very busy right now, but should be able to do 4-5 turns a week.

PM Sent.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod)... - 5/18/2007 6:59:57 PM   
aztez

The game will continue againts Sardaukar.

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 6
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod)... - 6/18/2007 1:57:06 PM   
aztez

Ok. I haven't heard back from Sardaukar so I will reopen this request.

I'am looking for an replacement opponent for Big B mod game.

The game started with Rob Brennan and we are now in February 1942.

(Rob have done an AAR so you can look for details there. I also have one but that would be off limits to my opponent.)

What I'am looking for is a  reliable opponent who is willing to all the way.

I have 3 other PBEM's ongoing so I cannot guarantee what pace we will advance but we can finish this one in the end.

PM me if intrested.

Rob has the Japanese password so you can email/PM him or I can pass your request too. I have the save game file in my computer.

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 7
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod)... - 6/18/2007 2:16:18 PM   
aztez

Here are the houserules for this game. (The biggest houserule is common sense though)

1. The maxium number of ships at ASW TF is 6.
2. Minium altitude for 4E bombers on naval assault is 15 000 feet.
3. No changing HQ units in order to save PP.
4. PP must be paid for Manchuko and Chinese units in order operate out of their theatres.
5. Maxium number of operational aircraft on non atoll base: level x 50
6. Maxium number of operational aircraft on atoll base: level x 20 (Truk and Kwaleijin will go into x50 rule)
7. Maxium of 8 CV's in an hex. (4 CV's + 4 CVL/CVE ships)
8. If Japanese go for USSR than the Soviets need to be activated 7 turns before the assault.
9. When transfering aircraft long ranged bombers need to be on standby orders. This does not apply to fighters.
10. Only base hexes can be targeted on amphibitious invasions.
11. Pursue command in ground combat is banned for both sides.
12. No Corsairs in US CV’s until early part of 1944. No Corsairs in British CV’s until mid 1943.

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 8
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod)... - 6/18/2007 7:20:19 PM   
donnie_1974_texas

I'd be interested.  PM me.  Relatively new to PBEM, novice for WitP although I have been playing WitP since it first came out and Grigsby's PacWar since before that.  Have a good measure of experience with the system and I am familiar with Big B's mod and have toyed with my own mods to improve the AI, etc.

Some questions - is this a 2 day turn game?  What is the current date?  Stock map?

On house rules, the list looks ok to me, I would suggest adding a couple of others though.
1)  Stacking rules on Atolls and small Islands.  You would hate me, yes, if I put 200,000 men on Bonin Island?  I like to base stacking off the combination of SPS of the port and airfield plus fortification level.  See next proposal.
2)  Fortifications.  I don't like lvl 9 forts sitting on an atoll.  This results in ahistorical play.  I like to limit forts to to 2 + the af and port SPS(?forgot if it is SPS?) of the base.  Eg - if say Island X is Airfield 3(2) and Port 4(4) then max forts are 8.

My general stacking rule that I have found to my liking is max #of men is equal to 5,000 times the Airfield+Port+Fort size.  Eg Island X has 3 AF, 4 Port, 8 Forts = 75,000 men max.

This should help the Allies in the later war and make things more realistic.  My other rules I have found I like are:
1)  4E Bombing rules.  I agree on the naval attack altitude (would have said 10,000 ft).  4E Bombers require at least lvl 4 airfield to base at and launch offensive operations.  Max number of 4E bomber groups that may be set to offensive operations (city, etc) is equal to airfield size minus 3.  Ie at a level 4 airfield, one group may be set to off. ops.

2)  Naval bombardment and preparation.  My other problem with WitP (outside of the air to air, which Big B does a lot to fix) is the rate of advance and logistics.  I would be open to discussing some sort of house rule controlling the rate of operations - like requiring a certain level of preparation for an amphibious landing at a base depending on its AF/Port SPS size and that a certain number of units have to be prepped to at least said value before naval bombardment TFs can attack the site.

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 9
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod)... - 6/18/2007 7:36:47 PM   
aztez

PM sent.

(in reply to donnie_1974_texas)
Post #: 10
RE: Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod)... - 6/19/2007 11:44:03 AM   
aztez

CLOSED

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Replacement player for Japanese Side... (Big B mod) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI