Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Heads Into the Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Heads Into the Matrix Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Head... - 6/20/2007 9:27:35 AM   
Alex Fiedler

Grab the Springfield and fall into formation, Matrix Games is publishing AGEOD’s American Civil War!

Matrix Games and AGEOD (www.ageod.com) are excited to announce that Matrix Games will be bringing gamers AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray! An operational-level turn-based game, American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Given AGEOD’s stellar work in their previous titles, I was very excited to see that they were turning their knack for creating great wargames to the American Civil War. I’m confident that American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray will provide a perfect mix between level of detail and gameplay to give gamers the best of both worlds.”

In American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray, players must exhibit both military and political skill in the toughest operations of those five years of wild campaigning in a divided United States. The player will be faced with a large selection of scenarios and campaigns which are played over the largest Civil War map ever, complete with an unequalled level of look and detail. Additionally, American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray includes dozens of different troops, hundreds of events, over 300 historical leaders with unique abilities to make this an enjoyable yet historically accurate Civil War experience for strategy fans and hardcore wargamers alike.

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/game.asp?gid=343

Post #: 1
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 10:43:04 AM   
jimwinsor

Good news indeed! 

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 12:17:46 PM   
Gibbon

Players number is 1-2 but they have an AAR currently running in their forum with no less than 6 players.

McClellan asked, "What troops are those fighting in the Pike?"
Hooker replied, "[Brigadier] General Gibbon's brigade of Western men."
McClellan stated, "They must be made of iron."

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 3
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 12:18:21 PM   
Gibbon

Huh... Jimwinsor is actually part of it

McClellan asked, "What troops are those fighting in the Pike?"
Hooker replied, "[Brigadier] General Gibbon's brigade of Western men."
McClellan stated, "They must be made of iron."

(in reply to Gibbon)
Post #: 4
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 3:54:39 PM   
JudgeDredd

I thought I had this, just not played it as yet! 

I'm confused. I have BoA which is excellent...but I thought I had a Civil War one and I thought it was from AGEOD. I'm at work, not home, so I cannot tell what one I have.

Was this previously available from AGEOD? It could be that I purchased it from them I suppose....if it is indeed the one.

My god......ravinhood is right...I have so many games I do not know what I have!

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Gibbon)
Post #: 5
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 4:04:42 PM   
sol_invictus

Excellent news. I am very glad that Matrix is continuing the relationship with this fine Developer.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 4:18:37 PM   
freeboy

this game is just one more great game, if I was not locked into Forge, and the other games purchased this year, commander etc... I certainly would get this.. looking forward to the aars ans screanies as I find this site a little more user friendly than Ageods.. no offence to them, I do own their first game and was really looking forward to gettingthis... maybe next year.

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 7
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 4:47:17 PM   
Primasprit

Hi Judge!

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
[...] Was this previously available from AGEOD? It could be that I purchased it from them I suppose....if it is indeed the one.[...]

Yes, the game is already available but at the moment only directly from AGEOD.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 8
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 6:42:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, as with Birth of America, this is identical to the title already released by AGEOD exclusively at their site, though our release will come with the latest 1.04 level update built in and will be sold through our store. As with the previous deal for Birth of America, it's a way to help AGEOD get the word out about their games and a way for us to make sure our customers don't miss out on these great titles.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Primasprit)
Post #: 9
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 7:21:23 PM   
Montbrun

1.05 is imminent....

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 7:42:32 PM   
jimwinsor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gibbon

Huh... Jimwinsor is actually part of it

Perhaps we'll cross-publish it here once the AAR subforum here gets set up.

(in reply to Gibbon)
Post #: 11
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 9:28:41 PM   
Executioner Five

Any idea of how long the wait will be for this one?

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 12
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 9:40:16 PM   
aristoteles

What a wonderful game this is, already own it, and I love it. Greatest AI and interface I have seen on a wargame. Go get it, as soon as you can, you won´t regret it.

(in reply to Executioner Five)
Post #: 13
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/20/2007 10:48:15 PM   
CTB123

Great new!  I had been holding off purchasing as I hoped it would be available from Matrix.  I don't know if a printed manual is available from other publishers, but we know it will be from Matrix.

Tony

(in reply to aristoteles)
Post #: 14
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/21/2007 8:32:02 AM   
jynx11

Just for information, they do have a demo on their site for this.

(in reply to CTB123)
Post #: 15
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/21/2007 8:37:47 AM   
jynx11

I should probably be slapped for even posting this but here goes..., I am just looking for a brief comparison between this and FoF, Both games look very good and I don't need a "SC2 compared to CeAW" mess. Just curious if anyone has both games by chance cuz I looked on their forum and most had great things to say about it.  I just had a friend purchase FoF and that also looks good.
Thanks again

(in reply to jynx11)
Post #: 16
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/21/2007 8:39:14 AM   
jynx11

Just a side note, the previous post was because both looked to be about the same depth.

(in reply to jynx11)
Post #: 17
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/21/2007 9:57:03 AM   
korrigan

Hi Jynx11,

Well, unsurprisingly this question has been tackled quite a lot.
You might want to check this thread: http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3608

FoF and AACW players give there interesting insights about the two games and on the whole agree that you should buy both for different reasons. If you can't afford the money, I think you'll find there some very educated and nicely put comments on the two games emphasis (their designs are quite different and offer distinctive flavours) and you should be able to figure out which game you want to buy first.

We are pleased to work once again with Matrix

Best regards,

Korrigan

AGEOD Team
Support independent developers!

(in reply to jynx11)
Post #: 18
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/21/2007 10:33:46 AM   
jimwinsor

Yeah the differences are actually quite striking. FoF has a strategic game, which generates tactical battles for a tactical battle game.

AACW is pure strategy.

So, the choice between the two (if you were forced to!) comes down to personal preferences over whether you want to fight out tactical battles or not.

(in reply to korrigan)
Post #: 19
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/21/2007 1:56:04 PM   
Wardyr

quote:

Just for information, they do have a demo on their site for this.

Yes they do have a demo.  If you go to www.a-acw.com there is a link to it on the first page.  It has the two tutorials, the Bull Run Campaign, and 12 turns of the 1861 July Campaign.  Go check it out, they game is definetly worth it.  If you have any questions about it jump on their forums and they will be answered in a very timely manner by either they creators or the great forum members.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 20
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/21/2007 11:13:16 PM   
jynx11

Dammit  I am reading the forums on these two games and its killing me.  I have the same issues as others with buy buy buy play play buy buy buy I am gonna end up breaking down and purchasing one of these titles.

(in reply to Wardyr)
Post #: 21
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/22/2007 8:23:53 AM   
Gray_Lensman

quote:

ORIGINAL: jynx11

Dammit  I am reading the forums on these two games and its killing me.  I have the same issues as others with buy buy buy play play buy buy buy I am gonna end up breaking down and purchasing one of these titles.

If you can spare the change get both. If not decide your preference as above re:detailed battles or not. Myself, I like the detailed battles in FoF, but AGEod's product is a fine product and a different way to play. Also AGEod AACW is somewhat scripted where FoF is not. This can be both advantageous, but limiting, depending on how much freedom you really want in your gaming.

(in reply to jynx11)
Post #: 22
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/22/2007 11:53:57 AM   
Pocus

Hello everybody,

The Matrix edition is the 1.05 one.

The Demo will be updated to 1.05 today.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to Gray_Lensman)
Post #: 23
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/24/2007 1:48:07 AM   
berto

Twice I've tried running the new demo unsuccessfully. It gets as far as the main menu, I select the new game option, select the tutorial, then... the disk spins and spins and... after ten minutes still nothing happens...

Task Manager reports the game using 0-2% of the CPU. On my first try, Task Manager reported 0% CPU use, despite the game hanging on the tutorial startup and the disk spinning and spinning and spinning...

Last night, I successfully started the 1.02 demo and played with it for 10-15 minutes.

Sigh, maybe I should uninstall the latest 1.05 demo, reinstall the 1.02 demo, and try that again...

Nah, maybe some other time. Too much time wasted already this weekend administering around game quirks. (Nothing personal, nothing unique to AACW in this. Almost all of my games require work-arounds and hand holding of one sort or another.)

I think I'll play some EU3 instead.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 24
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/24/2007 10:36:06 AM   
Pocus

strange, are you using Windows XP or Vista? I can take a look at your DxDiag file also.

The thing about the game being iddle in memory (low CPU usage) can be a problem with its access denied by a security program, like a Norton AV thingy or the UAC system of Vista.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 25
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/24/2007 4:23:00 PM   
berto

I do run Norton AV (on Windows XP). I'll try killing that and restarting the demo. Maybe I can report back later today if that works or not.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 26
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/24/2007 6:08:38 PM   
bilbow

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

Twice I've tried running the new demo unsuccessfully. It gets as far as the main menu, I select the new game option, select the tutorial, then... the disk spins and spins and... after ten minutes still nothing happens...

Task Manager reports the game using 0-2% of the CPU. On my first try, Task Manager reported 0% CPU use, despite the game hanging on the tutorial startup and the disk spinning and spinning and spinning...

Last night, I successfully started the 1.02 demo and played with it for 10-15 minutes.

Sigh, maybe I should uninstall the latest 1.05 demo, reinstall the 1.02 demo, and try that again...

Nah, maybe some other time. Too much time wasted already this weekend administering around game quirks. (Nothing personal, nothing unique to AACW in this. Almost all of my games require work-arounds and hand holding of one sort or another.)

I think I'll play some EU3 instead.

I had a similar experience. After I clicked the scenario, nothing happened. Then I clicked the image of Lincoln. I guess the game wants tp know what side I wanted altough that was the only choice. Worked fine after that. Nothing obvious about the need to click that though. Needs to be obvious for newbies trying to figure out the game.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile- hoping it will eat him last
- Winston Churchill

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 27
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/24/2007 8:31:53 PM   
berto

Yup, that's it. One has to click on the picture of Honest Abe. There's no clear indication one needs to do that. Maybe add an on-screen prompt, else highlight this in the demo instructions or README?

(in reply to bilbow)
Post #: 28
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/25/2007 12:33:23 PM   
Pocus

oh ok! We will do that but I'm already uploading the revised demo.

AGEOD Team

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 29
RE: AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray ... - 6/26/2007 5:23:22 PM   
oi_you_nutter

ref the Ageod version and the Matrix version of AACW (aka ACW Blue and Gray) and the installation of patches

will the two releases use the same or different patches to update the game ?

(i guess seperate patches, but it does not hurt to ask)

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> AGEOD’s American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Heads Into the Matrix Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI