Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Appearing Islands..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Appearing Islands.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Appearing Islands.. - 7/5/2007 11:25:29 AM   
heenanc

An island has recently appeared north of New Zealand in my game about 05/42 it's called Northirk Island or something similar was this island discover then... was it mean't to be there all the time... has anyone seen it before?!?!?!?

yo yo yo
Post #: 1
RE: Appearing Islands.. - 7/5/2007 11:37:51 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire 

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 2
RE: Appearing Islands.. - 7/5/2007 11:49:50 AM   
AmiralLaurent

quote:

ORIGINAL: heenanc

An island has recently appeared north of New Zealand in my game about 05/42 it's called Northirk Island or something similar was this island discover then... was it mean't to be there all the time... has anyone seen it before?!?!?!?

If you talk about Norfolk Island, it is on the stock map (NNW of NZ, or WSW of Noumea) from the start and is useful to fly AC between Australia, New Caledonia and NZ... and is also a good place to base patrol AC

(in reply to heenanc)
Post #: 3
RE: Appearing Islands.. - 7/5/2007 3:18:51 PM   
Ian R

If its Norfolk island you mean its been there all the time (and still is), but I prefer LST's suggestion

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 4
RE: Appearing Islands.. - 7/5/2007 3:31:08 PM   
Feinder

Isn't Norfolk Island where those guys from HMS Bounty decided to have a few days in the sun?

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 5
RE: Appearing Islands.. - 7/5/2007 3:44:18 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Isn't Norfolk Island where those guys from HMS Bounty decided to have a few days in the sun?

-F-

Not AFAIK - they went to Pitcairn Island - considerably further East...

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 6
RE: Appearing Islands.. - 7/5/2007 4:13:34 PM   
Feinder

This is what I was thinking of.  I guess not the mutineers of Bounty, but thier kiddies...

Settlement by Pitcairn Islanders
On 6 June 1856, another group of exiles arrived at Norfolk Island. These were the descendants of Tahitians and the HMAV Bounty mutineers, resettled from the Pitcairn Islands which had become too small for their growing population. The British government had permitted the transfer of the Pitcairners to Norfolk, which was thus established as a colony separate from New South Wales but under the administration of that colony's governor.
The Pitcairn people occupied many of the buildings remaining from the penal settlements, and gradually established their traditional farming and whaling industries on the island. Although some families decided to return to Pitcairn in 1858 and 1863, the island's population continued to slowly grow as the island accepted settlers, often arriving with whaling fleets.

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Appearing Islands.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI