Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mouse / lag problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Mouse / lag problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mouse / lag problem - 8/5/2007 12:57:51 AM   
lgnaire

The mouse hangs and takes 10 seconds to 2 minutes to respond or allow me control. I have upgraded to 3.8, my system is running XP SP2, 2GB, P4 2.8 ghz, and Nortons is off. Is there any setting that can be changed or updated to improve the mouse function?
Post #: 1
RE: Mouse / lag problem - 8/8/2007 3:24:59 AM   
Bucks

quote:

ORIGINAL: lgnaire

The mouse hangs and takes 10 seconds to 2 minutes to respond or allow me control. I have upgraded to 3.8, my system is running XP SP2, 2GB, P4 2.8 ghz, and Nortons is off. Is there any setting that can be changed or updated to improve the mouse function?

Ignaire,

Not sure if you've tried the mouse speed settings in the Launcher? I've included a screenshot so you know where to adjust your mouse settings. If this doesn't work, let me know and we'll try taking a deeper look at your issue.

Cheers

Darren

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lgnaire)
Post #: 2
RE: Mouse / lag problem - 8/8/2007 6:00:13 PM   
BurntFingers

quote:

ORIGINAL: lgnaire

Hmm... I generally run at 1.8GHz, 2GB of memory, and an Athlon XP. Technically slower than what you have.

But 3.8 loads inside 5 seconds and updates the mouse pointer about four, maybe 5 times a second. It's not Desktop mouse speed but it is usable. Hard drive throughput is about 40MB per second on my system, to give you some sort of benchmark.

I would suggest you check your startup folder to see what else is running - it does sound to me like maybe some background software, or an iffy sound/mouse driver.

For instance, CTHelper is a Creative Labs utility, often found on systems with Creative sound cards. It's not necessary to have it running (it's a debugging tool) and you can safely take it out of the startup folder.

If you are not sure how to get a list of startup files, then select RUN from the Start button, type CMD, press enter. Type MSCONFIG and press Enter. Select the Startup Tab and see what's in there.

Also, if you want to check processes running, then hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and have a look. Applications are programs you set running, processes are (usually) part of Windows. Sometimes you find a rogue process is the culprit.

I would give you more info to help you look, but it's a vast subject. I hope at least I've given you some idea of where to look and what to Google for.

Good luck - with your problem and the game.

(in reply to lgnaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Mouse / lag problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI