Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

JTCS Won't launch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> JTCS Won't launch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
JTCS Won't launch - 12/10/2009 7:30:41 AM   
Lordgray1986

Good Evening,

I have just recently installed JTCS on my laptop with Windows Vista. I can’t get any of the games to launch. EF,WF or RS. No matter how i try to launch them, through the launcher or through they .exe files in the folder the screen turns black and i see a wait icon then nothing. Eventually I Ctrl-Alt-Del and it shoes "Talonsoft" not responding. I’m patched to 1.04 from a fresh install. I deleted completely and reinstalled it and I’m still having the same problem. if anyone know what to try I’m all ears.

Thanks

Mark Jericho
Post #: 1
RE: JTCS Won't launch - 12/10/2009 3:43:05 PM   
Lordgray1986

I resolved the problem. Each of the games individual .exe launch applications are automatically set to run with "Windows XP Service Pack 2 edition" all I did was uncheck the box to run in the compatibility mode for a different version of windows and it worked. I double checked this by doing it only with EF then launching and it worked fine. Then I tried to launch WF and RS without changing and it wouldn’t work. So I changed each one and they launch fine now and play fine. I also tried setting the compatibility for different versions other then windows XP sp2 and it wouldn’t work with any of them. That box had to be unchecked. Well at least I got it working, and maybe that little fix will help someone else having problem with vista.

Thanks for the help,

Marc Jericho

(in reply to Lordgray1986)
Post #: 2
RE: JTCS Won't launch - 12/10/2009 11:55:17 PM   
Warhorse

Good to here it Mark!!

Mike

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Lordgray1986)
Post #: 3
RE: JTCS Won't launch - 12/11/2009 2:35:21 PM   
countblue

If that wouldnt have solved it I would have recommended setting up Windowx XP SP2 in a Virtualbox on Vista (works also on Windows 7).
CB

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> JTCS Won't launch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI