Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Harpoon3 screens

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Harpoon3 screens Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harpoon3 screens - 7/27/2007 5:14:00 PM   
pzlehr778

Hi,
I just bought and installed H3 and was wondering how to make the screens larger? I am running XP. I have tried messing a little with it but seems only so much I can do without REAL help :( Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Chuck
Post #: 1
RE: Harpoon3 screens - 7/30/2007 7:58:50 PM   
BurntFingers

It depends if you are running the 3.7, or have patched to the new version 3.8. First go to the launcher - bottom left it will have an option, H3 Configuration.

Both have a Video and Sounds tab on the H3 configuration tool - 3.7 you had to select one step below screen resolution. 3.8 lets you select any area up to almost the same size as the Windows Desktop, without actually covering the start bar at the bottom of a screen.

Once you have Harpoon running in it's own big screen, you can then resize each window (unit status, messages, and displays) accordingly. Click and hold the edge of a window to resize it.

The idea is that you can have as many windows open as you like, showing different areas of the action. Each scenario has a "Main Screen" that you can fold up small, but never actually delete. You can carve different areas out of that in it's own display.

One trick to help you get started - always ZOOM IN to a window before you resize it. Once it's resized, you can zoom out to the maximum level. You cannot resize a window to show an area outside of the scenario.

The reason for this is that, when creating a scenario, the first thing you have to decide is the limited area of the scenario. A scenario can be held anywhere in the world, but once set, it can't be changed.

Hope that helps - it's more a question of trial and error, but I think I've covered the main pitfalls.

< Message edited by BurntFingers -- 7/30/2007 8:05:24 PM >

(in reply to pzlehr778)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Harpoon3 screens Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI