Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Placing Players

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Placing Players Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Placing Players - 8/15/2007 5:16:16 AM   
pmac0508

This game has so much potential but it is driving me nuts. As goofy as it sounds, I'm trying to build teams from the old National Association (1871-1875). I can't even get one team imported. I constantly get errors and exceptions when I'm trying to import real players. If the players have no first name I get error 94 (something about null whatever). Other players won't go to the team I direct them and they get listed as exceptions (13 players imported, 5 exceptions) and when I try to sign the exceptions to ANY team, I get another error (record does not exist - or something to that extent) and the game shuts down. All I want to do is play a stastical replay using teams with te best players who ever played on those teams. I've done all the research, now I just want to populate a 24 team league with the players I want on the teams that I want, and I CAN'T...PLEASE HELP!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Placing Players - 8/15/2007 5:48:31 AM   
KG Erwin

You are using the Sandbox mode? That has always been problematic. Frankly, I wish Shaun would just take these feature out. When one tries to be all things to all players, too often you find yourself not enough for anybody. That's just my opinion.

(in reply to pmac0508)
Post #: 2
RE: Placing Players - 8/15/2007 6:08:14 AM   
pmac0508

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry, I'm new to all this. Is there any way to get this Shaun guy to fix this? I mean, I'm trying to sign a player from the player pool and I get a message saying no record exists and I'm looking at his friggin' record! The Sandbox mode offers the greatest roster flexibility and, it seems, the greatest frustraton.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Placing Players - 8/15/2007 6:35:14 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: pmac0508

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry, I'm new to all this. Is there any way to get this Shaun guy to fix this? I mean, I'm trying to sign a player from the player pool and I get a message saying no record exists and I'm looking at his friggin' record! The Sandbox mode offers the greatest roster flexibility and, it seems, the greatest frustraton.

Pmac, "this Shaun guy" designed the game. Players in the game come from the Lahman player database. If they don't meet certain criteria, they will not be there, and can't be imported into the game.

Pre-1900 players are rare at best, and to get a player from 1871 is really stretching it. The game can set up real-player leagues from 1900 forward.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 8/15/2007 6:45:32 AM >

(in reply to pmac0508)
Post #: 4
RE: Placing Players - 8/15/2007 7:24:00 PM   
pmac0508

Thanks for the info buddy, and no disrespect meant by referring to the game designer as "this Shaun guy", just my way of showing how utterly new and uninformed I am. I guess I should just get with the program and start creating teams from later years. Would've been fun though to see stats from those early players stretched over a 162 game season. Again I thank you for taking the time to answer my query. You've been helpful and I thank you for your patience!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Placing Players - 8/16/2007 2:41:38 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: pmac0508

This game has so much potential but it is driving me nuts. As goofy as it sounds, I'm trying to build teams from the old National Association (1871-1875). I can't even get one team imported. I constantly get errors and exceptions when I'm trying to import real players. If the players have no first name I get error 94 (something about null whatever). Other players won't go to the team I direct them and they get listed as exceptions (13 players imported, 5 exceptions) and when I try to sign the exceptions to ANY team, I get another error (record does not exist - or something to that extent) and the game shuts down. All I want to do is play a stastical replay using teams with te best players who ever played on those teams. I've done all the research, now I just want to populate a 24 team league with the players I want on the teams that I want, and I CAN'T...PLEASE HELP!!!

What version of the game are you running?

I tracked down that error 94, you are right it's related to a NULL first name. These pre-1900 player records are pretty sparse and many of the players just don't have enough games played to be accurately modeled.

My suggestion is to go post-1900 for best results. That said, I'll make sure the next update is robust enough to handle bad data in the pre-1900 Lahman player database records.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to pmac0508)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Placing Players Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI