Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

3 dumb questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> 3 dumb questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3 dumb questions - 8/13/2007 9:30:40 PM   
madgamer2

1. I do not know what to make of the French invasion and what it is I am supposed to do with the entries on my reinforcement tab?

2. Little MaC is gone as CIC and I have to have the 12 units next to the capitol or loose 50 Victory points. Do I have to have them in place the turn I get the message? If I don't and don't get them there for a few turns will I get the Victory points back?

3. I have Stonewall Jackson in a town in KT with about 800 points of units and a 35% command deduction. How does this work? Does it meat the the 800 will defend or attack as 550?

Thanks,
Madgamer
Post #: 1
RE: 3 dumb questions - 8/14/2007 4:00:08 AM   
Gem35

1.) French invasion could be a problem, I assume they and the brits entered the war on the csa side.
Your reinforcements are the means in which you can build up your armed forces, each has a cost and each an area of origin which is color coded to the regions on the map in which they will appear the turn after you purchase them. Militia gain a slight combat bonus when they are fighting in their home state.

2.)It should be explained in the message when exactly you will lose those points.

3.)the 35% command penalty means they will fight at roughly 65% of their attack/defend strength, have a slower rate iof fire and also move and react alot slower.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 2
RE: 3 dumb questions - 8/14/2007 4:49:12 AM   
madgamer2

thanks for the reply but I don't think I am quite clear so I will try to give you a little more info.

1. I understand about the reinforcement table but there are now 3 NEW TABS labeled "MEX". I can't do anything with them as far as buying replacements, they are just there.
Neither the Brits or the French have entered the war as I have received no messages to that effect. I am thinking that the French invasion will result in the Mexican govt. asking for help from the USA.
Historically the French did invade during the Civil War thinking the Americans would be to busy to help the Mexicans.

2. the message just says "war order 2 keep 12 units adjacent to Washington for 2 months or loose 50 VP" Does adjacent mean a area next to the area where the city is located or does it mean the units have to be in the same area as Washington? The message says nothing about when the 2 months starts. I will have to transport units there and it will take time. If I go to the next turn after ordering the units there will I loose the 50 VP? I am just am no sure what will happen when I go to the next turn but will find out.
I hate to recall the 2 corps of the NW Vir. Army which is ready to take Richmond. It will most certainly force the Rebs to recall Jackson's Corps from KY. I have the manpower there to defeat him but still lack an Army Hq. And it would be difficult to bring the force together using division's and not corps so the turns to follow are going to be very interesting.

Madgamer

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 3
RE: 3 dumb questions - 8/14/2007 11:40:37 PM   
a24cav

I had the same thing pop up with the Mexicans, but all the units are locked so I don't think it means you need to do anything. I guess if the French decide to intervene in the US civil war you get to control the Mexican Army as an ally?

On the event, I had a similar one pop up on the Great Plains, where it said I needed 3 units there for one year or I'd lose 5VP. I had one unit there when I got the message, and then ordered 2 to move there the next turn. Apparently that was too late, because I lost the 5VP anyway.

In your case, the message hopefully means the first turn you need units there is the next turn. Based on other events I've had I think "adjacent" means in any one of the land areas adjacent to the DC area (so units in Alexandria should count).

Doug

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 4
RE: 3 dumb questions - 8/16/2007 1:24:29 PM   
Pocus

Yes, if the French declare war, the Federals will control Mexican units. You see replacements in your panel because even before being active, the Mexicans start to get scripted replacements (but you can't buy on your own). This can be disturbing right :)

AGEOD Team

(in reply to a24cav)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> 3 dumb questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI