Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

an interesting problem to have

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> an interesting problem to have Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
an interesting problem to have - 8/18/2007 5:21:42 AM   
mek42

I've still been messing with the Axis against the AI in Total War and have had the most interesting new game.

First, I managed to overcome the flimsy Maginot Line on turn 2. I figured that this would be worth stripping the cupboards bare for, as it were. (And this was after a first turn of Poland / Denmark).

On turn 2 though, wouldn't you know it, Yugoslavia undergoes the coup. I anticipate losing Albania next turn, but should thereafter take Yugoslavia. I did manage to clear the Med* from those irritating Brits - the sun has set forever for several of their ships. This led to the taking of Cairo in order to better destroy their supply lines. Germany is almost doing better than I know what to do with - I'm having German supply problems - yes, I said supply problems - already. No way Barbarossa will go forward any time soon.

* For some reason it just irritates me as the Axis that the WA should have any presence in the Med at all - I mean, the Med belongs to Italy. We graciously allow the WA the use of much of the North Atlantic, but the Med is Italy's sandbox with no room for anyone else. Gibralter especially is just this giant thorn in my side, injecting me full of irritation with each passing turn.

As for Japan, I am wondering if I should just go ahead and get ready to take the islands of the Southern Resource Zone soon and tell the US that they can take their supply subsidy and stick it up the nose cannon of a Zero.

Moderators: If this should be in AAR's please move it - I put it here since AAR's seemed to be only human vs. human games.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mek42 -- 8/18/2007 5:26:28 AM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> an interesting problem to have Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI