Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

war weariness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> war weariness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
war weariness - 10/22/2007 9:35:19 PM   
ruskicanuk

Question about War Weariness - when a country (WA or Soviets) achieve a milestone, are the effects immediate or do you wait until the start of the round ? For instance, say the soviet player has 9 WW and then during their movement phase, put a guy into eastern poland and then end that phase. In prod phase they will have 10 WW - will they also have 2x production ?
Post #: 1
RE: war weariness - 10/22/2007 11:44:35 PM   
GKar

Unless I'm mistaken the effects won't take place until the next turn of said country.

(in reply to ruskicanuk)
Post #: 2
RE: war weariness - 10/23/2007 1:06:37 AM   
ruskicanuk

Ok - so what if Germany does an action which causes USSR WW to go from 9 to 10.  Will the USSR production be x2 that same round (on their turn) or will it only kick in starting the NEXT round (the start of Germany's next turn).

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 3
RE: war weariness - 10/23/2007 6:17:22 PM   
GKar

As said above, next turn a.k.a. three months later as far as I know. A turn is composed by a movement and a production phase (!= turn).

(in reply to ruskicanuk)
Post #: 4
RE: war weariness - 10/24/2007 7:29:25 AM   
WanderingHead

The effects of War Readiness are immediate. However, to understand what that means you have to recognize some subtleties.

Namely, all generation of production, population, and resource points for all players occurs at the beginning of the German turn. So, in the example of the Russians, the factories produce production points at the beginning of the German turn which can be "consumed" during actual production at the end of the Russian turn. Effectively, this looks as though any WR point increase during a turn have no effect on production until the next turn.

Understanding this subtlety to the mechanic is rarely of importance. The only place I know of that really has any impact is that the effect of bombing resources looks a little different for a Axis versus a Ally resource center. The Allies can repair right away to get resource production the next turn, the Axis cannot repair until after the resources have already been produced.

The effect of WR increases on DOW are also immediate. So increases due to German actions or the standard per turn increase at the beginning of the Russian turn can allow the Russian to activate that same turn.

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 5
RE: war weariness - 10/24/2007 8:05:38 AM   
Forwarn45

quote:

ORIGINAL: WanderingHead
The effect of WR increases on DOW are also immediate. So increases due to German actions or the standard per turn increase at the beginning of the Russian turn can allow the Russian to activate that same turn.

I just wanted to add that the effect of WR increase is not necessarily immediate in this respect. If indirect action by the Axis (i.e., sub attacks or attacks on neutrals) pushes up Allied WR to the point that the Allied country will declare war, it won't do so until its own turn. So you can't force the Russians or Allies to declare war on you during your own turn through indirect action.

< Message edited by Forwarn45 -- 10/24/2007 8:06:51 AM >

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> war weariness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI