Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on My New League

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Question on My New League Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on My New League - 10/30/2007 4:47:54 PM   
Bobolini

Hey everybody, I have a 16 team High School level league and it's the first year and it's rough, I simulate all games except one team and right now it suffers from massive parity. I'm lucky to see anyone score more than 14 points and most games are like 14-6, 7-3, 10-6, 7-0, etc. Will this change as the league matures in the future? It would be nice if there was more varability with the players and teams. Any suggestions to stimulate my league? Still adjusting to the PDS and game plans so I am a not too hip on those adjustments. I welcome all advice...
Post #: 1
RE: Question on My New League - 10/30/2007 10:49:27 PM   
Deft

Game plan and the play design are huge because unless they are solid, you will have big holes in results.  What are you using?  Another option is to increase the range of attributes (speed, strength, etc..) in you Maindata file.

(in reply to Bobolini)
Post #: 2
RE: Question on My New League - 10/31/2007 1:17:37 AM   
garysorrell

Deft is correct about gameplans and plays. Variety from team to team will make a huge difference. Also, Team Profiles are important. Im sure, upon creation and start of a new league, the teams all use the same profile. So what that means is if the first 3 players on each teams profile are QB, every team in the league will take a QB each of the first 3 rounds. Same with each position on the profile. What this means is that the team drafting first always will get the best player at each position.

Also, matching of teams talent to playbook is a good idea. It all may require some work, but its worth it.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 3
RE: Question on My New League - 10/31/2007 2:34:46 PM   
garysorrell

To add to my above comments, also remember:
Wait for a season or two and you will see players develop up and down thanks to aging and training camps. So teams will start to vary more. Some teams get better, some worse. You would then see more lopsided scores, blowouts and such.

Oh, and if you are simming games, as opposed to letting them play out, you will always see a difference.
I have an 8man indoor league that uses 5min qtrs. If I sim, the games usually have 14-7 scores. If I let them play out CPU v CPU, I see things like 35-30 and so on. High scores and big stat numbers.
Also, playclock setting makes a difference. I usually use 20sec. It makes the teams run more plays, sim and real time. So stats and scores will be higher. The QBs handle the shorter span just fine. My playbook uses unlimited motion, so I usually have players moving all over the place before the snap. Havent had any problems yet with delay of game or anything.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Question on My New League Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI