Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A New Game Eastern Front - Whole war weekly turns Divisional Level 10 mile hexes or so

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> A New Game Eastern Front - Whole war weekly turns Divisional Level 10 mile hexes or so Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A New Game Eastern Front - Whole war weekly turns Divi... - 9/26/2007 5:34:18 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Now that would be interesting and its not happening I am tired of waiting . I had WIR had some good ideas but its torture to work with and look at .Ihad all the board games and there is a host of information avaialble .

So ...

I run a company around 2M STG turnover always looking for new ideas to invest in so I do not hand over all my cash to the tax man . I am no computer expert but have a fair knowledge of military matters and know what I want to see.

How difficult is it to make a game worthy of my name

Nice map , nice counters for serious wargamers not a graphics fest ( I know its not that difficult - look at the new mod for GOA ) .

Full Eastern front game involving "semi" production, industrial relocation , strategic initative switches , politics , loss effects on national morale . leaders from Corps upwards ( lots of info on thise ) , training , amphib ops , seige , weather effects , extraction and explotation leading to more partisans etc etc etc .
Could include balkans - race to finish before starting Barbarossa - quicker its finished the more time you get - lots of ideas

Full OOB for every unit ( plenty of info around ) with the base unit as a division ( made up of Regiments ) including air and Naval units

Ideas please . If you can write the program you will be in the royalties. It would be better if you were in the UK !

Michael
Post #: 1
RE: A New Game Eastern Front - Whole war weekly turns ... - 9/26/2007 6:37:17 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Now that would be interesting and its not happening I am tired of waiting . I had WIR had some good ideas but its torture to work with and look at .Ihad all the board games and there is a host of information avaialble .

So ...

I run a company around 2M STG turnover always looking for new ideas to invest in so I do not hand over all my cash to the tax man . I am no computer expert but have a fair knowledge of military matters and know what I want to see.

How difficult is it to make a game worthy of my name

Nice map , nice counters for serious wargamers not a graphics fest ( I know its not that difficult - look at the new mod for GOA ) .

Full Eastern front game involving "semi" production, industrial relocation , strategic initative switches , politics , loss effects on national morale . leaders from Corps upwards ( lots of info on thise ) , training , amphib ops , seige , weather effects , extraction and explotation leading to more partisans etc etc etc .
Could include balkans - race to finish before starting Barbarossa - quicker its finished the more time you get - lots of ideas

Full OOB for every unit ( plenty of info around ) with the base unit as a division ( made up of Regiments ) including air and Naval units

Ideas please . If you can write the program you will be in the royalties. It would be better if you were in the UK !

Michael

Michael,

If you have success with this I would like to look at it. But try not to get your hopes up, as what you desire, given your RFP (Request For Proposal), is a major challenge.

Flipper

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: A New Game Eastern Front - Whole war weekly turns ... - 9/26/2007 7:57:42 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: cavalry
Now that would be interesting and its not happening I am tired of waiting .

Gary Grigsby et al are working on what you describe

http://www.2by3games.com/devjournal/journal20070531.html

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> A New Game Eastern Front - Whole war weekly turns Divisional Level 10 mile hexes or so Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI