Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor Quibbles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Minor Quibbles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor Quibbles - 10/4/2000 9:49:00 AM   
MKSheppard

I miss the extra zoom levels you had with SP and SP 2. Making the game 800x600 may be great, but for those of us with cheap and tiny 14" monitors, how about restoring the extra zoom levels from the original SPs? I like seing big closeups of Panthers, not teeny tiny icons. Also, I miss the 'descriptions' text in the encyclopedias. For those of us who don't know everything about WW2 armor, this would be a good asset. By descriptions, I mean the brief overview of the unit you had in SPs encyclopedia such as: "The M4A3E8 Sherman was the final superlative variant of the Sherman series...it could penetrate a panthers armor with the heavily rationed HVAP rounds..blah..blah.." etc. Once again, these are minor quibbles. There's nothing like getting something for free . But such is the nature of the human beast to find things wrong.

Post #: 1
- 10/4/2000 11:32:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Quibbles are always welcome here. Bring them on. We like to know whatyou like. We can't always do it, but sometimes we can. No problem. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to MKSheppard)
Post #: 2
- 10/5/2000 12:53:00 AM   
Mac_MatrixForum

If the encyclopedia could show .txt files, I'm sure there would be enough people to do descriptions to all the units... if it's possible without any fancy editing by just fireing up your favourite text editor. I think you know what I mean... ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to MKSheppard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Minor Quibbles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI