Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Serious player aging problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Serious player aging problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Serious player aging problem - 10/19/2007 11:06:39 PM   
Bustoff

PS 1.70c, fantasy players. Season is in mid-September. I simmed a couple of days and noticed that most games were posting ridiculous scores (30-7, 26-3, 19-18, etc.). So I played out a few games and the same thing happened. Additionally, all of my players were worn out at best and none of them ever improved, not even the ones who weren't playing. I checked other teams and they were experiencing the same thing. Then I looked closely at my roster and had to do a double-take. All of my players seemed to have aged at least two decades from what they should have been. The youngest player I had was 45 years old, the oldest 57. The other teams show roughly the same age range. This, I guess, would explain the high scores and lack of recovery. Baseball is clearly no country for old men.

This association was fine when I last played it, which was three days ago. I will check the backup, but if it's similarly affected, I'm doomed, and 37 seasons will go down the proverbial drain. This is my longest-running association, and the playoffs are just a few days away. Help!

Later that same day--I have simmed the backup file--which was in good shape--past the point where the problem occurred, and the problem did not recur. At this point I am not taking any chances--I am backing up after each day's games. It still bothers me that this happened in the first place.

< Message edited by Bustoff -- 10/20/2007 12:07:36 AM >

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

Post #: 1
RE: Serious player aging problem - 10/20/2007 12:02:34 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

This may be a shot in the dark Bustoff, but... do you have it set for Ratings Increase during the Season?

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 2
RE: Serious player aging problem - 10/20/2007 12:16:30 AM   
Bustoff

Good point, FS. However, ratings increase was not set...and this would not explain the bizarre aging of every player in the league. Actually, this was sort of interesting. It seems that 45-55 year old batters can make contact with the ball, but fielders can't catch anything (no range, no speed)...hence the inflated run totals. Since the pitchers seemed to be getting shelled, the AI would pull them early and get a reliever in, who would also get shelled. That reliever would be replaced, etc. so my entire bullpen was near death in just a few days. The same thing would happen every game, and the pitching just got worse and worse. All the batters had to do was make contact and they were almost assured of at least a single. Entertaining in its own way--like watching an old-timers game.
I am tempted to cycle through the playoffs/WS with this bad association and let it sim to the next year to see if it corrects itself.

"I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation." -- Satchel Paige

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 3
RE: Serious player aging problem - 10/20/2007 1:00:44 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

I was just wondering if perhaps there was an odd glitch where the game was including the "Age" category as a value to increase throughout the season. Perhaps it was aging players several times throughout the season?

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to Bustoff)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Serious player aging problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI