Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few more questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> A few more questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few more questions - 11/14/2007 6:25:54 AM   
mudrick

1. From the playcall screen, what are "persistant changes"?

2. How do you make a player go from inactive, to active?

3. How do you get the computer to sub your players? Or do you have to do it yourself when you see them red?

4. I notice with one gameplan, the one i slapped together using a mix of two plans, is the only plan I see the computer shifting DL. The computer does not do this with any other plan. What triggers this?
Post #: 1
RE: A few more questions - 11/14/2007 6:46:39 AM   
David Winter

quote:

1. From the playcall screen, what are "persistant changes"?

If this is checked, the subs you make on the depth chart for that formation carry forward each time you use that formation. If this is not checked, the subs you make are only for that play.

Please note that these subs are specific to the formation you have selected at the time of the substitution. These are not global subs for all formations.

quote:

2. How do you make a player go from inactive, to active?

Select the player, and click the view button. If he's on a human controlled team, you can switch his state frmo there.

quote:

3. How do you get the computer to sub your players? Or do you have to do it yourself when you see them red?

If you are coaching, you need to sub the players. The computer will not do this for you.

quote:

4. I notice with one gameplan, the one i slapped together using a mix of two plans, is the only plan I see the computer shifting DL. The computer does not do this with any other plan. What triggers this?

AI driven defensive line shifting is trigged by the offensive play calling tendancies. If the offense has been running to the right a lot the past few plays, the DL will shift right to counter. Line shifts are not part of any playbook, game play, or play design.

thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 11/14/2007 6:50:42 AM >

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 2
RE: A few more questions - 11/14/2007 3:29:07 PM   
mudrick

Thanks for the reply.  But for #4, regarding DL shifts.  I meant the AI only does this with 1 gameplan.  If I give the AI any other plan, they never shift no matter how many times i run up the middle.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: A few more questions - 11/14/2007 4:41:53 PM   
Marauders

quote:

I notice with one gameplan, the one i slapped together using a mix of two plans, is the only plan I see the computer shifting DL. The computer does not do this with any other plan. What triggers this?

quote:

AI driven defensive line shifting is trigged by the offensive play calling tendancies. If the offense has been running to the right a lot the past few plays, the DL will shift right to counter.

quote:

If I give the AI any other plan, they never shift no matter how many times i run up the middle.

Running up the middle shouldn't trigger the line to shift.

Did you mean they never shift no matter how many times you don't run up the middle or do run to one side?

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 4
RE: A few more questions - 11/14/2007 5:00:18 PM   
mudrick

Yes, never.  But.........i made a gameplan using 2 different plans.  I liked the O in one, and the D in the other, and I put them together.  So when I gave that plan to the computer, they started to shift towards my tendancies.  Not every play, but most of them.  But if I give them any other plan, they never do this.  No matter how often I run up the middle or outside, never ever shift.

< Message edited by mudrick -- 11/14/2007 5:01:05 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: A few more questions - 11/14/2007 7:43:27 PM   
David Winter

Well the two are completely unconnected so I'm not sure what would be causing that. The defensive line has no concept of a game plan when it's reading the offensive tendencies. Perhaps the offense you're running against it is balanced enough that the line doesn't shift?

Beyond you zipping up your whole plays folder and sending it to me, I am not sure how to diagnose this.

thanks
David

(in reply to mudrick)
Post #: 6
RE: A few more questions - 11/15/2007 2:57:05 AM   
mudrick

It must be something on my end. All I have to do is create a new plan, import say.....fun and gun to it, and then save it under another name and they shift just fine. Don't ask why. I have no idea.

Thanks a ton for the other responses. It is all slowly becoming quite clear to me. I can't believe I had to ask about the active/inactive problem. I just never saw the arrow that switched it. I even looked in the manual for that one.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> A few more questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI