Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mud Fields Discontinued?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Mud Fields Discontinued? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mud Fields Discontinued? - 10/13/2007 11:48:40 PM   
DreamTeams

Was testing my graphics and I noticed that I get no mud fields when it rains. Notice the same thing in other screenshots that have been posted of rainy games. Just wondering, has the mud field been discontinued?

Post #: 1
RE: Mud Fields Discontinued? - 10/14/2007 2:39:55 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

Yes a few of the minor graphical features that could be found in older versions were left out of the new version because the techniques to accomplish them are very different now. The field and its graphics are loaded in a very different manor now and mud was not done in time. I may see if I can find the time to add that into a future update but at the moment only snow changes the look of the field.

thanks
David

(in reply to DreamTeams)
Post #: 2
RE: Mud Fields Discontinued? - 10/14/2007 5:31:53 AM   
DreamTeams

Ok. Thanks.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Mud Fields and Muddy Players? - 11/6/2007 7:23:45 PM   
Marauders

quote:

David Winter stated: Yes a few of the minor graphical features that could be found in older versions were left out of the new version because the techniques to accomplish them are very different now. The field and its graphics are loaded in a very different manor now and mud was not done in time. I may see if I can find the time to add that into a future update but at the moment only snow changes the look of the field.

Last night, while I was watching Monday Night Football, a game played on a rain soaked field, I noticed two things: how the field degenerated and how the players' uniforms became dirty.

After the first half, the field looked much like the old rain weathered field you had in the game. As I was looking at it, I though, "Hey, the game had that right."

With 2.0, the rain weathered field has been removed. Will a rain weathered field be added back in for 2.2?

The players uniforms did start to get muddy at first on the knees, butt, and shoulder pads, and then they got more muddy on the thigh pads and jersey.

As I have noted in the past, the uniforms in Maximum Football also get muddy in stages, which I have always thought was a cool feature of the game. There was always something off though, and that was the players getting so muddy so fast.

If one looks at the graphic below, the player in the blue oval is about where one would want a player to look in the final stage. The player in the red oval looks like the James Arness plant creature in The Thing from Another World (1951). He looks more like moss than Randy Moss. The jersey numbers can barely be seen, and he blends into the turf like he has military BDU's on.

I understand that more stages may create issues, so what I am asking here is if that the final stage be eliminated, and the other stages moved down with a new lighter dirt first stage added. If the dirt can be placed on the knees, and shoulder pads only, that would be great. If it is an overall texture, than mostly light with a bit of splotchy dirt would be fine as well. The key here is to be realistic without going to the extreme that the last stage does now.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marauders -- 11/6/2007 7:29:19 PM >

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 4
RE: Mud Fields and Muddy Players? - 11/7/2007 3:21:45 AM   
garysorrell

Marauders, for the James Arness AND sci-fi reference in the same sentence, I stand and salute you :-)

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Mud Fields and Muddy Players? - 11/23/2007 8:05:08 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Marauders, for the James Arness AND sci-fi reference in the same sentence, I stand and salute you :-)

Stand up and be counted
For what you are about to receive
We are the dealers
We'll give you everything you need
Hail hail to the good times
'Cause rock has got the right of way
We ain't no legend, ain't no cause
We're just livin' for today

For those about to rock, we salute you!
For those about to rock, we salute you!

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Mud Fields Discontinued? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI