Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SM-2 SSM Mode?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> SM-2 SSM Mode? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SM-2 SSM Mode? - 11/27/2007 11:31:13 PM   
darknite

The weapons display shows a range and damage for SM-2s used in SSM mode yet they do not show up in the weapon's dialog. Had a Tico up against a small missile boat within 20nm which would of been shredded by a SM-2 hit. Had to use a Harpoon instead.
Post #: 1
RE: SM-2 SSM Mode? - 11/27/2007 11:37:26 PM   
Divefreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: darknite

The weapons display shows a range and damage for SM-2s used in SSM mode yet they do not show up in the weapon's dialog. Had a Tico up against a small missile boat within 20nm which would of been shredded by a SM-2 hit. Had to use a Harpoon instead.

Brad removed the "ship capable flag" from all SAMs cause otherwise the AI side would waste all SAMs in Surfacemode if a target gets in Range.

Regards René

My dbs: HC-65to80-DB and HC-80to95-DB, get it via www.harpgamer.com

(in reply to darknite)
Post #: 2
RE: SM-2 SSM Mode? - 11/27/2007 11:39:48 PM   
CV32

Yeah, the AI had a habit of hosing you down with all of his surface capable SAMs (as many Soviet naval SAMs are) if you were in range. He would empty his SAM magazines doing so, because they typically have low DP in that mode.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to Divefreak)
Post #: 3
RE: SM-2 SSM Mode? - 11/27/2007 11:44:49 PM   
darknite

Well that explains that!  

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 4
RE: SM-2 SSM Mode? - 11/28/2007 4:14:03 PM   
mack2

Is it possible to stick code into the AI limiting it's use so it can be re-enabled? Something like "Do not use more than 4 SAM's on a target, do not fire at surface targets when half the magazine is down?"

(in reply to darknite)
Post #: 5
RE: SM-2 SSM Mode? - 11/28/2007 4:32:45 PM   
Stalintc

I myself would certainly like to be able to use those SM-2's on surface vessels, there is no reason why I shouldnt be able to use that missile on surface shipping, it may lack punch against surface vessels, but for taking on small missile boats and fast attack ships they are perfect, and even great in a last ditch defence.

It really would be excellent if you guys were able to sort this out so that the AI uses SM-2's and like missiles in a more sensible fashion on surface vessels, so that they can be used this way.

edit - why do I always spell wrong all the time on the Matrix forums just here!! damnit!

< Message edited by Stalintc -- 11/28/2007 7:37:52 PM >

(in reply to mack2)
Post #: 6
RE: SM-2 SSM Mode? - 11/28/2007 7:34:07 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: mack2
Is it possible to stick code into the AI limiting it's use so it can be re-enabled? Something like "Do not use more than 4 SAM's on a target, do not fire at surface targets when half the magazine is down?"

I wish it were that simple. Right now, you could potentially inject some code that limits the numbers of missiles allocated, but the AI would just keep repeating that salvo over and over. Rest assured we're looking at potential ways of bringing back the ASUW capable SAMs.

< Message edited by CV32 -- 11/28/2007 7:35:02 PM >

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to mack2)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> SM-2 SSM Mode? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI