Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Relationships Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Democracy >> Relationships Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Relationships Question - 1/23/2008 12:12:28 AM   
Wrathchild

Are the red and green linking and blinking lines relative or absolute? For example, if I see a Green line running from Narcotics to Crime, does this mean that the Narcotics policy is having a POSITIVE effect on Crime (i.e., reducing it), or is it INCREASING Crime? In other words, does Green always mean increasing regardless of the relationship?

< Message edited by Wrathchild -- 1/23/2008 11:08:20 PM >

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
Post #: 1
RE: Demo Question - 1/23/2008 11:20:39 AM   
Dobey455

I think its absolute (I could be confused by the definintions) basically a green line indicates that an increse in one will cause an increase in the other.

In your example this means that if you increase the availability of narcotics it will result in a corresponding increase in crime.
Or for a different example equality has a green line linking it to income tax and a red line to sales tax, therefore any increase in income tax will increase equality (ie more money taken from higher income earners), whereas any increase in sales tax will decrease equality (as the same amount of tax is paid regardless of income.)

Hope that helps

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 2
RE: Demo Question - 1/23/2008 4:17:47 PM   
Wrathchild

Thanks for the input. I'll just look at it as Green means the affected bar will get larger and Red means it will get smaller. However, that's confusing in some cases, as a small Unemployment bar is Green. I went ahead and bought the game and am playing as the UK. I will post some confusing relationships if I come across them, as I really want to understand the effects of my actions.

J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

(in reply to Dobey455)
Post #: 3
RE: Demo Question - 1/23/2008 11:09:57 PM   
Wrathchild

Ok. Here's one:

Unemployment is about 25% full and all green. I assume this means Unemployment is low and it's green so it's good.
There is a green line running from Import Tariffs to Unemployment.

Does this mean that the Tariffs are actually increasing the level of Unemployment? That's not good, right? Shouldn't Tariffs decrease Unemployment?

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 4
RE: Demo Question - 1/23/2008 11:12:26 PM   
Wrathchild

Never mind. It seems that this was happening because I had Tariffs at the bare minimum. As I increased them Unemployment decreased. 

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 5
RE: Demo Question - 1/24/2008 10:08:13 AM   
Adraeth

If i understand correctly the Green bars explain you that if you intervene in a sector the others touched by the Green Bar MIGHT be influenced in a positive way (so the Red one in a negative way).... anyway i assume that this is not always mandatory or just exploiting effects in the turn coming but in the long term.

www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.

(in reply to Wrathchild)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Democracy >> Relationships Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI