Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird Game Actions !!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support >> Weird Game Actions !!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird Game Actions !!! - 1/28/2008 7:22:49 PM   
wargamer123

Alright, get this, As CP my first 2 chits of Tech went into Gas and Trenches first turn I got both!

Second set of impulses I've got plenty of rail, my units are eligble but never operate, I'm not stupid I'm not operating directly in the path of enemies

thirdly, adjacent Corps aren't being activated by an HQ

I could get screenies but this all too weird, what is this? Is it possible to have this many bugs go in one game and not in others?
Post #: 1
RE: Weird Game Actions !!! - 1/28/2008 9:04:18 PM   
hjaco

Although it is unlikely that both research should succeed at the same time this is not necessarily a bug. Germany can indeed succeed in getting to the next research level with the investment of just 1 RP in the areas of trenches, poison gas and air support. This is due to pre-war tech achievements in those area which you can find the settings of with the % level.

Take poison gas which is at 16 %. In order to find your current level you have to measure it against what 100 % represents (the maximum). So 15 RP / 100 * 16 = 2,4 in tech level and you need to reach 5.

The investment in tech is randomized from 0 to 3 points (roughly)

(in reply to wargamer123)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird Game Actions !!! - 1/28/2008 9:06:16 PM   
hjaco

quote:

ORIGINAL: wargamer123

thirdly, adjacent Corps aren't being activated by an HQ

Maybe the cavalry bug we have noticed ? Check if there is an enemy unit in the stack you can't activate.

Post #: 3
RE: Weird Game Actions !!! - 1/29/2008 2:42:00 AM   
wargamer123

Yes I figured the tech could've hit I looked closer. Was a shame I lost the game to a lot of buggy actions. I think the restart refreshed the situation.. I decided to end the game, I would've probably had a good step on winning it I had wiped out 2 Artillery in the West, and probably about 8-10 corps plus 2-3 HQs in the East in 2 turns plus would've mowed all the way to petrograd in another 5-6 impulses, though lost Vienna

Just odd everything seemed be going off at once. In fact I saw things on the map that just didn't make a lot of sense, the game engine didn't seem itself but I hadn't restarted in awhile, just decided to call the game...draw

they carried into our game the bugs but when i did what you said cleaned it up, remeber folks to restart every couple of reloads or so the whole PC reboot clean

< Message edited by wargamer123 -- 1/29/2008 2:44:11 AM >

(in reply to hjaco)
Post #: 4
RE: Weird Game Actions !!! - 1/29/2008 5:31:21 AM   
SMK-at-work

The not operating thing is a known problem in 1.21......you can solve it by using 1.20.....but alas 1.20 has severe supply problems if you're short on food (as the CP normally is by the mid game)....so it can pay to shift between the 2 versions in the same game to minimise the bugs!!

You can do this withuot any bother - simply have the 2 versions in seperate folders & run your turn with whichever version meets your needs best (or least worst!!) for that turn!  It has no effect on your opponent's turn AFAIK - I've been doing it in one game for a while now!

Post #: 5
RE: Weird Game Actions !!! - 1/30/2008 3:28:05 AM   
wargamer123

SMK: Thanks, I haven't had an issue aside from reloading too much without restarting

the game has a lot of units, it's quite easy to lose track of a few, I try not to let that bother me too much so long as in the end all works out fairly well. That means if you got 2 or 3 minor bugs and I do, I figure unless it's gamebreaking, we'll both add up in the end

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Guns of August Support >> Weird Game Actions !!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI