Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How is it after the patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> How is it after the patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How is it after the patch? - 2/25/2008 3:53:15 PM   
slybelle

I'm currently sitting on the fence between purchasing this or COI or any of them at all. After reading some of the board, appears it is an OK game, but maybe not great. I'm personally interested in something that is squad level versus massive engagements so this series intrigues me. I did not really play any of the games when they first were released. Seems like the most common types of issues identified related to Ai and pathfinding.

Therefore I haven't really seen any comments after the last patch was issued. Is it any better? Did any of the pathfinding get fixed? AI pretty good (keep in mind I'm no pro anyways)?

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: How is it after the patch? - 2/25/2008 9:04:21 PM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

Therefore I haven't really seen any comments after the last patch was issued. Is it any better? Did any of the pathfinding get fixed?

Revision of elements files and map coding have greatly improved pathfinding.

Also revision of the exe with regard to pathfinding has corrected the armour's tendancy to stop midway when given a move order over very long distances or multiple way points.

You still can't drive a truck over a high wall or through a dense forest :)   (but, you're not supposed to)

(in reply to slybelle)
Post #: 2
RE: How is it after the patch? - 2/25/2008 9:32:52 PM   
slybelle

Thanks Andrew...I'm finding it hard to resist...I'm just a little concerned this forum seems a little quiet so I'm not finding a whole lot of detail.  Any other forums where this game is more actively discussed?  Without a demo (and limited AARs), I'm finding it really hard to determine if this will be good for me.  My impulse says 'yes', but my gut says.....

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: How is it after the patch? - 2/25/2008 10:43:14 PM   
Andrew Williams

The CSO site was the most active... but it has fallen over due to tech problems.

The CCs site has a small forum running (Warning: it is populated by CC5 diehards :)   )

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=67

(in reply to slybelle)
Post #: 4
RE: How is it after the patch? - 2/25/2008 10:48:47 PM   
slybelle

Thanks again Andrew....I did take a peak at that one, but not much activity over there either.  Too bad CloseCombat.org is down since it appears to be the place to check things out.

I'll keep my eye out and see if any more details are forthcoming to try and make a decision.  If any other experienced players happen to see this thread, I would be really interested in your thoughts.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 5
RE: How is it after the patch? - 2/26/2008 6:28:49 AM   
Tejszd

Will you be playing the AI/H2H or Multiplayer?

COI has a campaign (along with Operations and single battles) that cover multiple hot spots on the Russian front from 41 to 45 and can be played against the AI or H2H.

CCMT is modern is for single battles with up to 5vs5 play. Single battles against the AI can be done but with the large maps and deadly modern weapons isn't as much fun against the AI as COI in my opinion....

(in reply to slybelle)
Post #: 6
RE: How is it after the patch? - 2/28/2008 11:59:53 AM   
jomni

Best thing about the patch is that victory locations are now visible.
But I still don't play this game too often.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> How is it after the patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI