Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More questions and comments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> More questions and comments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More questions and comments - 2/25/2008 8:00:47 PM   
Sabre21

Well I believe I pretty much got the hang of the game and do find it quite addicting but have a few more questions to ask that I can't seem to find in the rulebook nor here on the forum.

1) Do captured resource hexes count for anything other than denying them to your enemy?

2) I have read here that captured food hexes eventually dissappear, does that hold true for captured resources?

3) Do captured enemy cities do anything other than reduce enemy morale? Is there any type of friendly production boost? If so..are all cities equal in that matter or are some better than others?

4) I notice petrograd has a (25) next to it. Do these numbers mean anything to the CP if they are captured or is it strictly a morale indicator for the TE?

5) Is there a reason I can't tranfer production or raw materials from Italy, Greece, Romania, or Bulgaria to a friendly country even if the adjacent waters and/or countries are controlled by friendly forces? There isn't even an option to tranfer from these countries although I can transfer to them.

6) I noticed how, as the CP, when Russia surrenders that any CP unit east of the new border gets relocated back west of it. I also notice that any hex that the CP had occupied has the appropriate CP flag still on it and that my units can move back to those hexes if I so desired. Do the captured resources/food/city hexes east of the new border mean anything to the CP? Is the new border line nothing more than a historical reference? Personally, I don't care what happened historically in that regard, I would just as soon the new border reflect how far east my forces actually got.

7) Is there any plan for a game editor? I would like to do a lot of what if scenarios. This game would be on my comp for many years if it did.

8) Is there any plan to improve the interface..like smooth mouse scrolling or zooming?

Thanks in advance

Sabre
Post #: 1
RE: More questions and comments - 2/25/2008 11:16:21 PM   
wargamer123

1. You gain resources for captured ones. You need to capture a number of them though in order for them to register

2. I haven't seen Raw Material Hexes get destroyed yet, so don't think so.

3. Cities will effect overall a nation by it's morale. Morale is extremely important. If you get a drop in morale it could destroy your overall fighting machine, i.e. your units will degrade in Quality from an A to B. The Number next to the city is value of the Morale gain or loss depending. the Higher the Number the more important the city. i.e. Losing Vienna and Budapest will probably mean the AH surrenders! Ultimately your nations morale can only drop so far before a nation surrenders.

4. You get half the value of that number. I.E. you'd get 12.5 Gain for CP if you take the city

5. I have never managed to transfer resources from Minor Friendlies to Major Friendlies. Although Italy should if she has them. Each nation has a number of transport points per turn and you need these to send resources. That and a friendly route to do it.

6. I have tested Minor Surrenders. In a case of Serbia when a new border was drawn and a Food hex remained under Serbian control but was nolonger a Serbian Border. There seems to be a bit of a bug with this and it's a little annoying, when I entered the food hex it was used like a captured one! It seems to me as I've noticed you should capture the appropiate hexes within the newly drawn borders before the nation surrenders if you can. Depending on the Minor, though I found with Romania-Belgium-Netherlands-Italy that the resources automatically fell under the adjacent Major that absorbed them! Very Confusing... And annoying!!! I also notice that Neutral borders can have enemy shields on them and on important places. This is equally annoying. I won't elaborate as the whole surrender and control hex problem is buggy and needs to addressed. I will say once a Neutral Border is drawn, dig in on your valuables if there is the possibility of an enemy threatening them and forget the rest! I.E. Italy

7. I like Vanilla games

8. I hope so!

P.S. There are a lot of tricks to the game and little hidden secrets, I won't elaborate on or I have yet to discover. I think it best to uncover them bit by bit. Most of the questions you asked though the manual(updated one) will cover. Overall it will not ruin the surprise :)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabre21

Well I believe I pretty much got the hang of the game and do find it quite addicting but have a few more questions to ask that I can't seem to find in the rulebook nor here on the forum.

1) Do captured resource hexes count for anything other than denying them to your enemy?

2) I have read here that captured food hexes eventually dissappear, does that hold true for captured resources?

3) Do captured enemy cities do anything other than reduce enemy morale? Is there any type of friendly production boost? If so..are all cities equal in that matter or are some better than others?

4) I notice petrograd has a (25) next to it. Do these numbers mean anything to the CP if they are captured or is it strictly a morale indicator for the TE?

5) Is there a reason I can't tranfer production or raw materials from Italy, Greece, Romania, or Bulgaria to a friendly country even if the adjacent waters and/or countries are controlled by friendly forces? There isn't even an option to tranfer from these countries although I can transfer to them.

6) I noticed how, as the CP, when Russia surrenders that any CP unit east of the new border gets relocated back west of it. I also notice that any hex that the CP had occupied has the appropriate CP flag still on it and that my units can move back to those hexes if I so desired. Do the captured resources/food/city hexes east of the new border mean anything to the CP? Is the new border line nothing more than a historical reference? Personally, I don't care what happened historically in that regard, I would just as soon the new border reflect how far east my forces actually got.

7) Is there any plan for a game editor? I would like to do a lot of what if scenarios. This game would be on my comp for many years if it did.

8) Is there any plan to improve the interface..like smooth mouse scrolling or zooming?

Thanks in advance

Sabre

< Message edited by wargamer123 -- 2/25/2008 11:27:11 PM >

(in reply to Sabre21)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> More questions and comments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI