Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Control of air units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Control of air units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Control of air units - 2/13/2008 12:28:04 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Do you have to use a joy stick or can you use your mouse/arrows or what. I really stay away from joy stick games.

Thinking about buying.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Post #: 1
RE: Control of air units - 2/13/2008 12:48:36 AM   
JudgeDredd

You can use the keyboard and mouse as far as I know (I've never done it....always fly sims with a joystick) but afaik, you can use keyboard/mouse.

And you are able to NOT fly at all...you can simply sit it out and watch your campaign unfold...but imho, you're missing more than half the immersion and game if you do that.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 2
RE: Control of air units - 2/13/2008 12:53:36 AM   
Banquet

Agree with JudgeDredd here.. you can play the game entirely as a wargame campaign. I did that a few times on my old laptop, which didn't have the specs to run the flightsim part. The campaign alone is fun and could be regarded as as a slightly 'light' version of Gary Grigsby's Battle of Britain.

However, without flying the aircraft (for which a joystick is recommended, but not absolutely necessary) you will be missing out on a large part of the sim.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: Control of air units - 2/13/2008 12:58:08 AM   
Hertston

All combat flight simulators are 'joystick games' and this is a combat flight simulator. You might get away with flying a 747 in MSFS using the keyboard but I suspect this (or IL-2, or LOMAC, or Falcon 4) would be unplayable. Unless you just want the strat game that is - there's no obligation to jump into a Spitfire or Bf 109 as I recall... but as JD says that is rather missing the point of the thing.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Control of air units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI