Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not too trilled with the campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Not too trilled with the campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not too trilled with the campaign - 2/19/2008 9:51:30 PM   
Hard Sarge

why are the RAF out of gas every time they intercept, I got units out of gas before they can take off, and then the 109s can fly past 12 group

from what I see, most of my losses are based on running out of gas, they not getting shot down in combat

Post #: 1
RE: Not too trilled with the campaign - 2/20/2008 1:38:57 AM   
Jim D Burns

You probably have your squadrons too far from the front line bases or you have to many patrols in the air before a battle. The RAF campaign is a balance between the need to keep your fighters at front line air bases and thus vulnerable to air attack on the ground and basing them further back at the safer fields to preserve morale and numbers of planes.

I'd base them forward early and try to decimate German morale before too many of your airfields get knocked out. Once more German airpower shows up you'll need to keep them in the rear and launch most intercepts as scrambles from the fields instead of using in-air patrols.

Keep in mind I haven’t actually played the RAF with this release yet, I’m going off very vague memory from way back when Rowan’s BOB was released.

Jim

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 2
RE: Not too trilled with the campaign - 2/20/2008 2:19:46 AM   
freeboy

I am not even sure how to rebase units, one thing I was thinking, not sure if this will help is to use smaller air grouping, no big wings etc

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 3
RE: Not too trilled with the campaign - 2/20/2008 4:20:28 AM   
Hard Sarge

no, don't think so, I got Squadrons that are just taking off and then are out of gas as soon as the battle starts

I am in the July part of the campaign

in 6 days, we have knocked down 127 Stukas, 61 109s and 41 110s

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Not too trilled with the campaign - 2/20/2008 12:27:22 PM   
JudgeDredd

Yes, but perhaps the Squadron taking off hasn't long completed a task prior? Or has not long finished a patrol? It takes time to refule you know 

Just pointing out the obvious first

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 5
RE: Not too trilled with the campaign - 2/20/2008 3:16:11 PM   
Hard Sarge

:)

oh I know and understand Air Combat, naw, some of these reports are first mission of the day stuff, plus, since I am in the combat and can tell if it is a good or bad "show"

but in the games defence, I also notice, while my losses seem very, high, my overall strength is where it should be, so it may be part of the way the game works

LOL, my 2nd to last mission yesterday, some 109s escourting Stuka's, finally get some Spits in the air, and what do my merry eyes behold when I get to the cockpit ? 36 109s diving on my squadron, I am in a postion, to at least get onto the tails of one of the groups, but the last 109 hits me going head to head, damages my engine, I try, but know it is a waste, turn and run for home, then bail, Squadron took 11 losses !!!!

the next squadron got there just about that time, so jump in for some revenge, or to try and get out of the way, and what do I see ? 36 Stuka's with no escourt (trick I am seeing, make a pass and damage, disengage some Stukas, they will wing over and dive away, then your mates, will work them over, they don't seem to do as well, when they are in formation attack)

we slaughtered them

(Freeboy, click on the icons, so you get the squadron info, it will show you the Airfield and group info for that squadron, bottom of page i think it shows dairy, from that page (not the dairy), you can click on the group to change the group and then click on the airfield to pick a Airfields with in that group to move to)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: Not too trilled with the campaign - 2/20/2008 5:52:24 PM   
Hard Sarge

well, I am spending more time making sure I send everybody home, and I not taking as many losses now

odd, spot what is suppost to be a 13 plane Bomber raid, but turns out to be a recon Do 17, soon as we show up, I get we out of gas, sent everybody home but me (all that Do needs is me)

two day total so far is 13 to 1 (won't win no battles like that, but won't lose them either)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Not too trilled with the campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI