Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dowload/Installation Problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Dowload/Installation Problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dowload/Installation Problems - 3/1/2008 7:33:35 PM   
Pioneerdbq

Hello everyone. I recently purchased the physical and download version of the Forge of Freedom game. However, I am having some trouble opening the zip file that was created when I started downloading the game. Every time I try to open it the program freezes. I also got a message once stating that the file was corrupted or incomplete so I tried downloading the file again. However, I am still having problems. If anyone could help me resolve this situation I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your help and have an excellent day.
Post #: 1
RE: Dowload/Installation Problems - 3/1/2008 7:44:34 PM   
Pioneerdbq

Ok guys. I saw that someone else is having a similar problem and the solution was to unzip the file. However, I am not sure how to do that. If someone could let me know I would really appreciate it. Thanks again guys.

(in reply to Pioneerdbq)
Post #: 2
RE: Dowload/Installation Problems - 3/1/2008 7:49:55 PM   
Pioneerdbq

Well I have tried to extract the files from the zipped folder. However, my computer is still freezing.

(in reply to Pioneerdbq)
Post #: 3
RE: Dowload/Installation Problems - 3/1/2008 9:35:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Pioneerdbq,

If you're running Windows XP or later, unzipping a file is natively supported by Windows. Just double-click on it and it should open up. If that doesn't work for you, you can try a trial version of www.winzip.com to open it up.

We zip our files because some security/anti-virus applications won't allow an executable file like our installer to be downloaded. Those same kinds of applications can also make opening large zip files much slower because they want to pre-check the contents. If your download is fine, I'd suggest first turning off your security/anti-virus software (if any) and then opening the zip file and running the installer.

If the download was corrupted, then clear out your internet cache, reboot your system and try the download again. You can use a download manager like www.stardownloader.com if you have any problems with the download aborting before it's complete.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Pioneerdbq)
Post #: 4
RE: Dowload/Installation Problems - 3/2/2008 4:57:44 AM   
Pioneerdbq

Thank you for responding Mr. Rutins. I appreciate it. After some additional effort I have managed to complete the installation of the software and I am now enjoying the game. For future reference I would like to describe what happened and how I fixed it.

After downloading the zip file for the game I was unable to open the executable file. When I attempted to extract the files from the folder the program would freeze. However, another folder, containing a setup file appeared. After clicking on this file I received an error message stating that my download was either incomplete or corrupted. After researching similar problems I noticed that the real issue was unzipping the compressed download folder. In order to resolve this problem I downloaded "The Unzip Wizard" program from the internet. It appears to have taken care of the extraction/setup file issue. Thank you and have an excellent day everyone. I'm looking forward to playing with you all in the future.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Dowload/Installation Problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI