Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbee wants a PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Opponents Wanted >> Newbee wants a PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbee wants a PBEM - 3/24/2008 12:59:15 PM   
falco148

Anyone up for a PBEM with a noob? Just got CEAW last week and played it over the weekend vs AI but as with all games vs AI it aint that satisfying.

Probably would like just a friendly to begin with & then a ladder game later on.

E-mail is falco1482002@yahoo.com

- falco.

Post #: 1
RE: Newbee wants a PBEM - 3/25/2008 1:29:40 AM   
panzers

Would love to play but I have no ****ing idea how to do pbem and no one seems to take the time to show me.

(in reply to falco148)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbee wants a PBEM - 3/26/2008 5:20:37 PM   
IainMcNeil

All you have to do is start a multiplayer game, choose PBEM and do the first turn. Mail this to your opponent and they load it up, do their turn and mail it back. Also try checking the manual - it should not be too tricky to get started.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbee wants a PBEM - 3/26/2008 6:13:50 PM   
Harrybanana

Iain is right panzers, I just started my first pbem game and it took a little figuring out but it wasn't too difficult. Few more things you should know though:

1. You and your opponent must be using the same version of CEAW, the most recent version is 1.06.
2. The person who moves first (the Axis in every scenario except 1944) has to start the game.
3. The person who starts the game will get to assign the game a name.
4. When you are finished your turn just end your turn in the normal fashion by clicking on the arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen; this will automatically save the game. Note that you can not otherwise save a pbem game, this is to prevent cheating.
5. Now exit the game and open up your E-Mail program. You will have to attach the game to your E-Mail to your opponent. You will find the game in the folder Data>Pbem.
6. When your opponent E-Mails your turn back to you you will have to save the game file to the same folder ie. Data>Pbem.

Hope this helps you.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Newbee wants a PBEM - 3/26/2008 9:30:07 PM   
Tac2i

If you want to save a little bandwidth, zip the file before sending it. Zipping (compressing) shinks the 2MB+ data file down to about 160KB. Your opponent simply unzips back into the /data/pbem/ folder. I hope a future update incorporates automatic compression/uncompression. I know most of us have high speed connections, but no need to waste bandwidth unnecessarily.

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Opponents Wanted >> Newbee wants a PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI