Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

40-man rosters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 40-man rosters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
40-man rosters - 4/10/2008 4:24:07 PM   
motnahp

Some clarification on the 40-man roster option. Am I right in ass-u-ming this to be a new option during the creation of an association? It seemed to have no effect on my active assn, as I am still limited to a max. of 35 on my human-controlled team, while AI teams have no limitation.

Post #: 1
RE: 40-man rosters - 4/10/2008 4:55:47 PM   
Frozen Stiffer

motnahp,

I do believe it only affects new associations. Please note that the 40-man roster does not 'replace' the 35-man roster, it's simply just another option. CrashDavis has a utility that lets you designate how big you want your rosters to be in an already existing situation. Check out his web site, but also read all the warnings and information- it's not a simple click and Ta-Da.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 2
RE: 40-man rosters - 4/11/2008 12:37:11 AM   
KG Erwin

I LOVE the 40-man historical association feature. The remaining free agent pool in my 1947 association is all fictional batters, and nearly all fictional pitchers. As time passes, fictionals in the team rosters should (I would hope) be whittled down.

However, one good thing is that the real players we didn't previously have are all there now. For the Dodgers, this includes pitchers Rube Melton & Willie Ramsdell, who happen to share the number 4 rotation slot.

Another good thing is that injuries now don't necessarily cripple a given team. That was one reason why I lobbied for the increase.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 40-man rosters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI