Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question - 4/14/2008 7:29:22 PM   
thegreatwent

I love this mod yet can't figure out why my transports in Aden and Panama have everything but Load Supplies greyed out. I can transfer air units to ships or base but cannot get ground troops on the transports. I've tried changing commands and types of transport/cargo. I even tried reading the documentation , there doesn't seem to be a restriction on shipping from these bases. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? And yes it may well be an operator headspace and timing issue .
Post #: 1
RE: CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question - 4/14/2008 9:47:37 PM   
rockmedic109

I am not sure.  Sounds odd.  It could be a map file that is not present.  Using the expanded map, you need to put a new PWX? file.  Not sure about the name but it is similiar.  If not changed, the program uses info on the old map instead of the expanded one.

Just spotted the name in another thread. PWHEX.

< Message edited by rockmedic109 -- 4/14/2008 9:49:04 PM >

(in reply to thegreatwent)
Post #: 2
RE: CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question - 4/14/2008 11:46:10 PM   
thegreatwent

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think its the answer.

Ok I have Pwhex.dat loaded into C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific. There are other subfolders but according to the documentation this should be the right place, I think. The file was last modified Tuesday, September 05, 2006, 9:43:20 PM, which I believe is the current version.

Still open to suggestions.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 3
RE: CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question - 4/15/2008 3:39:49 AM   
Nomad

Are you sure you have the right pwhex.dat file loaded? It will make a difference and can casue the issue you have. Make sure you are using the version 6.3 pwhex.dat file that Andrew has available on his site.

Post #: 4
RE: CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question - 4/15/2008 5:00:01 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

I love this mod yet can't figure out why my transports in Aden and Panama have everything but Load Supplies greyed out. I can transfer air units to ships or base but cannot get ground troops on the transports. I've tried changing commands and types of transport/cargo. I even tried reading the documentation , there doesn't seem to be a restriction on shipping from these bases. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? And yes it may well be an operator headspace and timing issue .

What are you trying to load?

Assuming you have loaded the correct map (you might want to run ModSelect once or twice to make sure it is loaded correctly), then a few caveats:

If you can transfer air units to ships as you claimed, then everything can't be "greyed out" as aircraft are loaded by using the "Load Troops" button.

All the units (LCUs) starting there at the beginning in Panama are assigned to "West Coast" HQ, iirc... make sure you switch them to an unrestricted command before trying to load (i.e. CenPac, SoPac, SWPAC, NoPac, and SEAsia are the main unrestricted commands.) If they are in an unrestricted command, you might have something else going on.

Troops will NOT start to load unless you have ZERO (0) OPs point use for the ship... trying to load with ships that have used OPs points for whatever reason will have unpredictable results. They will NOT start to load the same turn - and they may not load the next turn (that's the unpredictable part).

Also remember - you can only have 1 unit loaded per ship, no matter how much empty space is present... so if there is a unit on any ship, it will not be able to load any other unit.

If you are trying to load fuel or resources or something else, maybe a screen shot is in order.

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 4/15/2008 5:10:21 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question - 4/16/2008 2:28:00 PM   
thegreatwent

Thanks all!!!

I had the 6.3map just not the extended 6.3.

I was right the problem existed between keyboard and seat .

Again thanks for the help

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> CHS scene 157 2.08 Nik Mod Noob Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI