Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

East Front - Where are my DCG Replacements?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> East Front - Where are my DCG Replacements? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
East Front - Where are my DCG Replacements? - 8/16/2007 4:22:52 PM   
Grognard66

I just started a DCG, Heersgruppe Sud. I am about 8 missions in and it's been about 3 weeks. My forces have been triumphant but are showing signs of wear and I've yet to see even one replacement. I searched the forums and found no mention of this but if I recall the previous incarnations of EF you received some sort of replacements at least every other week even if they were rarely enough.

Was the replacement rate modified so that it's once a month, at best? Or perhaps I am just getting unfortunate in my replacement checks?

Additionally, it said I received upgraded equipment about a week in yet nothing had changed, still one co. IVD's, one co. IIIF's, and two cos. IIIG's. That, unfortunately, is just like the old EF in that regard.

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 8/16/2007 6:35:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Replacements? - 8/16/2007 4:47:51 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognard66

I just started a DCG, Heersgruppe Sud. I am about 8 missions in and it's been about 3 weeks. My forces have been triumphant but are showing signs of wear and I've yet to see even one replacement. I searched the forums and found no mention of this but if I recall the previous incarnations of EF you received some sort of replacements at least every other week even if they were rarely enough.

Was the replacement rate modified so that it's once a month, at best? Or perhaps I am just getting unfortunate in my replacement checks?

The replacement file was modified, but the amount of reinforcements you receive will increase as the war goes on based on the assumption you will accept your promotions when they come. Unfortunately, the software I modified it with created a glitch in the file that makes it unreadable. This will be fixed and added to the 1.03 Patch, if not a new temporary patch.

Or, if you are absolutely requiring the file, I would be happy to mail it to you with instructions on where to place it.

quote:

Additionally, it said I received upgraded equipment about a week in yet nothing had changed, still one co. IVD's, one co. IIIF's, and two cos. IIIG's. That, unfortunately, is just like the old EF in that regard.

Keep in mind, the upgrade notice will be for the entire panzer division. Odds are that one of your anti-tank companies were upgraded to 50mm guns. Depending on the Panzer Division you chose, your upgrades will be coming in the next few months. When they do upgrade, it will be by the company. One of your Panzer IIIF companies might be upgraded to PanzerIIIH, for example.

Hope that helps
Jason Petho

(in reply to Grognard66)
Post #: 2
RE: Replacements? - 8/16/2007 6:34:19 PM   
Jason Petho

Alright, here is a fix.

Extract the attached zip file into your East Front folder, replace all files.

Your replacements should arrive as normal.

Hope that helps
Jason Petho

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 8/16/2007 6:35:55 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Replacements? - 8/16/2007 7:25:19 PM   
Eagle Strike

Hi Jason:

Is this file on for this particular DCG Campaign Game or would it be something that would help all DCG Campaigns? Just curious

Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)

Post #: 4
RE: Replacements? - 8/16/2007 7:30:04 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eagle Strike

Hi Jason:

Is this file on for this particular DCG Campaign Game or would it be something that would help all DCG Campaigns? Just curious

This is strictly for the East Front Barbarossa Dynamic Campaigns.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Eagle Strike)
Post #: 5
RE: Replacements? - 8/17/2007 1:20:25 AM   
Grognard66

Ahhhhh.. that was snappy! I knew there was some reason beyond just Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie that I liked Canada. I can only parrot others when they praise your enthusiasm and quick response time. Thank you!

As for divisional replacements; that makes sense, I just didn't realize it worked that way, I thought it was for my battalion specifically.

Cheers

Post #: 6
RE: Replacements? - 8/17/2007 1:59:48 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Ahhhhh.. that was snappy! I knew there was some reason beyond just Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie that I liked Canada. I can only parrot others when they praise your enthusiasm and quick response time. Thank you!

You're welcome. Hope it works, but it should!

quote:

As for divisional replacements; that makes sense, I just didn't realize it worked that way, I thought it was for my battalion specifically.

Now you know!

Good luck compaigning!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Grognard66)
Post #: 7
RE: Replacements? - 8/17/2007 9:00:30 AM   
v. Manstein

Many thanks for the fix. I can continue my Barbarossa DCG now, fantastic!!

Post #: 8
RE: Replacements? - 9/16/2007 11:11:31 AM   
Grognard66

A couple of quick notes regarding DCG's.  I am playing a Soviet DCG now.  It just turned to '42 and my first mission in January started off with an "upgrades have arrived" message and I reckoned it had to be someone else in my corps.  Nope, it was me and my T-34's are now T-60's... can't say as I call that an upgrade.  However, that's small change compared to the mission.  It's a meeting engagement with 250 meter visibility. None of my units started on board, as per the usual meeting engagement but when I checked my reinforcements it appeared that I got a LOT of infantry.  Well, I did... sort of;  I got a total of 18 strength points split into "1" point sets but each came with 6 trucks.  I reckon I got one heckuva supply column pressed into service as infantry!  So it seems that part of the DCG's would still be pooched. 

Any sort of a fix in the works on this?  I thought I recalled seeing some mention of this and that it was fixed but I'll be darned if I can find it after an hour or so searching the various posts in the Bugs and in the general section.  My apologies if I was blind and this has been addressed.

Grognard

(in reply to v. Manstein)
Post #: 9
RE: Replacements? - 9/16/2007 5:19:05 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

A couple of quick notes regarding DCG's.  I am playing a Soviet DCG now.  It just turned to '42 and my first mission in January started off with an "upgrades have arrived" message and I reckoned it had to be someone else in my corps.  Nope, it was me and my T-34's are now T-60's... can't say as I call that an upgrade.  However, that's small change compared to the mission.  It's a meeting engagement with 250 meter visibility. None of my units started on board, as per the usual meeting engagement but when I checked my reinforcements it appeared that I got a LOT of infantry.  Well, I did... sort of;  I got a total of 18 strength points split into "1" point sets but each came with 6 trucks.  I reckon I got one heckuva supply column pressed into service as infantry!  So it seems that part of the DCG's would still be pooched. 

Any sort of a fix in the works on this?  I thought I recalled seeing some mention of this and that it was fixed but I'll be darned if I can find it after an hour or so searching the various posts in the Bugs and in the general section.  My apologies if I was blind and this has been addressed.

Grognard

Looks like the Soviets will need the same treatment that I did for the Germans. I will try to include a fix for 1.03.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Grognard66)
Post #: 10
RE: Replacements? - 9/18/2007 1:56:17 PM   
serg3d

Same here. In the DCG, EF, russian in the setup mode I got six trucks plts with HQ but without infantry. In the same game I got my T-34 "upgraded" to T-60.
Is it possible to make upgrade more sane ? like light tanks upgrade to light tanks, medium to medium and heavy to heavy ?

Post #: 11
RE: Replacements? - 9/18/2007 3:42:06 PM   
Noypi53

Hi Jason!

Any news on patch 1.03?

Post #: 12
RE: Replacements? - 9/18/2007 4:07:42 PM   
Jason Petho

Tentatively Christmas.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Noypi53)
Post #: 13
RE: Replacements? - 11/15/2007 9:46:24 AM   
Leopejo

I don't know if this is a bug or just my imagination, anyway:

I get the feeling that, starting Barbarossa Dynamic Campaigns at battalion level, with the Easy option, there are too many enemy units, as if it were Normal instead of Easy. I get this feeling both as Axis or Russian, infantry or tank.

Or maybe it's just my imagination, wanting to save every unit, fearing for the lack of replacements?

By the way, is the replacement file above still valid for Dynamic Barbarossa campaigns, battalion level, game version 1.02b?

Post #: 14
RE: Replacements? - 11/15/2007 3:54:56 PM   
serg3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leopejo

I get the feeling that, starting Barbarossa Dynamic Campaigns at battalion level, with the Easy option, there are too many enemy units, as if it were Normal instead of Easy. I get this feeling both as Axis or Russian, infantry or tank.

Or maybe it's just my imagination, wanting to save every unit, fearing for the lack of replacements?

By the way, is the replacement file above still valid for Dynamic Barbarossa campaigns, battalion level, game version 1.02b?

That is not a bug. The enemy is rolled not by the amount of unit but by top formation. And the same kind of formation could have different amount of unit. You could be fighting a single one regiment, but there could be two or three or even four(I think) battalion in the regiment, and different type and amount of units in the battalions. Replacement file working for me after all tweaks. Don't worry too much about losing units - during the upgrade (DCG) the full complement will be restored (if you manage survive until the upgrade)

(in reply to Leopejo)
Post #: 15
RE: Replacements? - 11/15/2007 6:01:46 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

With the Easy option there is 30% less units than if you were playing a normal campaign. While there are a number of units, with the ease at which you can elimite/capture the computer players forces, this shouldn't be an issue. That comes with practice.

You will get repacements, no worries!

quote:

Yes, it is still valid with the 1.02B temporary patch. It will be included with the 1.03 update though!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Leopejo)
Post #: 16
RE: Replacements? - 11/15/2007 6:03:52 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: serg3d
Don't worry too much about losing units - during the upgrade (DCG) the full complement will be restored (if you manage survive until the upgrade)

What do you think of the Company level upgrade?

It is the only way I have found to bypass the know 1SP bug during DCG's.

Jason Petho

(in reply to serg3d)
Post #: 17
RE: Replacements? - 11/15/2007 7:45:37 PM   
paulsalayko

Jason, when i play my DCG i never upgrade to the next organizational level because i dont get that much time to play and anything past battalion level just takes waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo long. Now, heres the question. By not accepting the promotion does that mean that my upgrades will be screwed up or they will not arrive in a somewhat timely manner? I know you have spent alot of time on us dynamic guys and believe me we appreciate your dedication. Semper Fi

Post #: 18
RE: Replacements? - 11/15/2007 7:49:47 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulsalayko

Jason, when i play my DCG i never upgrade to the next organizational level because i dont get that much time to play and anything past battalion level just takes waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo long. Now, heres the question. By not accepting the promotion does that mean that my upgrades will be screwed up or they will not arrive in a somewhat timely manner? I know you have spent alot of time on us dynamic guys and believe me we appreciate your dedication. Semper Fi

Regardless of your command level, the upgrades will happen at specific times during the campaign. Of course, if you are keeping to a battalion level, you might not see or notice the upgrades happening somewhere else in the division.

Jason Petho

(in reply to paulsalayko)
Post #: 19
RE: Replacements? - 11/16/2007 10:39:28 AM   
serg3d1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho
What do you think of the Company level upgrade?
It is the only way I have found to bypass the know 1SP bug during DCG's.
Jason Petho

I think company level upgrade is just fine, but should me a little more often, if there will not be battalion level. And as I already told, probability of "downgrades" like T-34 to T-60 should be quite low. While such kind of things happened in reality, they were seldom, and anyway no fun.
BTW it's me serg3d - I lost access to may original account - changed mail to nonexistent :(

Post #: 20
RE: Replacements? - 3/22/2008 10:59:52 PM   
camz

i have the 1.02B patch installed, and i can see the difference with the fix attached here are the comma's between the numbers.
so the removal of the commas is what made the actual 'fix'?

(in reply to serg3d1)
Post #: 21
RE: Replacements? - 3/22/2008 11:40:59 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: camz

i have the 1.02B patch installed, and i can see the difference with the fix attached here are the comma's between the numbers.
so the removal of the commas is what made the actual 'fix'?

That is correct, yes.

Jason Petho

(in reply to camz)
Post #: 22
RE: Replacements? - 4/2/2008 11:32:10 PM   
Borst50

It seems to me I remember the Talonsoft version having a similar bug.  It didnt matter if I played the German or Russian, but in all 3 Barbarossa campaigns starting somewhere around Jan 42...give or take a week or so...all Rusian rifle platoons would arrive or start at 1sp.  Russian smg platoons were un affected as were russian guards...only Russian rifle platoons.  I dont know if talonsoft ever fixed that particular bug.  This was in EF2 Gold.

Post #: 23
RE: Replacements? - 4/2/2008 11:36:23 PM   
Jason Petho

No, Borst, that is a different problem and has been corrected with the new Campaign OOB's.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 24
RE: Replacements? - 4/2/2008 11:47:26 PM   
Borst50

LOL...well I wasnt sure, it sounded similar to me as I coud never add replacements to those platoons as the Russian commander.

To Paraphrase Mike Behin in Terminator;

"I dont know tech stuff."

Post #: 25
RE: Replacements? - 4/18/2008 6:25:05 PM   
philjat

Hi Jason
I beginning a dcg in EF central front, and i'm in 10/41 now and no reinforcement coming, so i found thid thread and the file to DL.
Do you think i can modify the file to have a big reinforcement at this time ? if yes do i have to mod the 2 replacement file ? if it's work do i've to paste the unmodified file after my reinfs coming?
Thanks a lot to give a rebirth for this super game, perhaps the wargame i've most play inthe last 10 years.
Philippe Jathan
"Au danger, Je passe"

(in reply to Borst50)
Post #: 26
RE: Replacements? - 4/18/2008 6:29:23 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: philjat

Hi Jason
I beginning a dcg in EF central front, and i'm in 10/41 now and no reinforcement coming, so i found thid thread and the file to DL.
Do you think i can modify the file to have a big reinforcement at this time ?

Yes, yes you can!

quote:

if yes do i have to mod the 2 replacement file ?

If you wish to modify the Soviets, edit the Replacements0.dat; if you wish to modify the Germans, edit the Replacements1.dat

You do not have to edit both.

quote:

if it's work do i've to paste the unmodified file after my reinfs coming?

That is correct, yes.

quote:

Thanks a lot to give a rebirth for this super game, perhaps the wargame i've most play inthe last 10 years.
Philippe Jathan
"Au danger, Je passe"

Our pleasure indeed! It's a game to be passionate about!

Jason Petho

(in reply to philjat)
Post #: 27
RE: Replacements? - 4/18/2008 6:39:58 PM   
philjat

Jason,
in the replacement file there are 2 row of number, so if i want 25 steps replacement i have to make : 411007 25 25 .
I'm right ?
Philippe Jathan
"Au danger, Je passe"

Post #: 28
RE: Replacements? - 4/18/2008 7:30:16 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Jason,
in the replacement file there are 2 row of number, so if i want 25 steps replacement i have to make : 411007 25 25 .
I'm right ?

That would work, yes.

Jason Petho

(in reply to philjat)
Post #: 29
RE: Replacements? - 4/19/2008 11:19:10 AM   
philjat

Jason,

Well i don't understand how the replcement file work, for date it's ok but the 2 collum number ?

I've mod : 411007 9 15
and i receive only 2 steps of replacement ? is it normal ?

Philippe Jathan

" Au danger, Je passe ! "

Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> East Front - Where are my DCG Replacements? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI