Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Addin: Rookie Draft

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> New Addin: Rookie Draft Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Addin: Rookie Draft - 4/26/2008 5:52:06 AM   
CrashDavis

With the NFL draft upon us (naturally that got me to thinking about PS...LOL), I whipped together this addin that will give an associations Batters/Pitchers in the upcoming amateur draft along with player ratings.

I don't know if this will be of any interest for most folks out there, but it kinda solves couple problems I've always had with the draft in PS:
1) I'm a historical simmer, but I have a bad memory when it comes to remembering when players are scheduled to make their debut in PS.
2) Once you click the Start Amateur Draft in PS, you cannot pause the draft, and this is the first time you get to look at the players and their ratings.
3) I've always had to run the draft one selection at a time and assign generic photo's when PS did not find a real player photo for the player (usually happens to a scrub with little real life playing time).

There are a few things need to consider when running this addin:
1) For the addin to work correctly, it can only be run after the rookies have been generated and before you click the Start Amateur Draft button.
2) I don't believe it will work during the initial season of an association.

CrashDavis

CrashDavis Website
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> New Addin: Rookie Draft Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI