Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tank Graphics?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Tank Graphics? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tank Graphics? - 4/24/2008 10:02:11 PM   
Romeo13

I'm sure they are already in the pipeline, but are graphics for Hetzers, Jagdpanthers, Tiger IIs and such going to happen anytime soon?

Its really disheartening to see my Tiger IIs looking just like the Russians SU-122s....

Or, even better... any Graphic modders out there???
Post #: 1
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/24/2008 10:25:14 PM   
z1812

Hi Romeo,

Yes it would be nice to have more "feel" in the vehicle graphics.

regards John

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 2
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/24/2008 10:27:45 PM   
Mobius

Why would a Tiger II look like a SU-122?   There are SU-122s in the game but no Tiger IIs yet.

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 3
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/24/2008 10:29:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

Actually, all the vehicles without unique models currently use a "generic" Panzer IIIJ. The RBG and RCG are only set to use those that do not have "generic" graphics. Our best unit coverage is from 1941-1944 so King Tigers and the JS series are not in yet, but we do plan to add them at a later date, though it may be as part of an expansion or next release.

They are however totally open to modders and I know there are some existing models out there in the public domain that may save some time.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 4
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/24/2008 10:47:56 PM   
Romeo13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

Why would a Tiger II look like a SU-122?   There are SU-122s in the game but no Tiger IIs yet.

check your armor folder... Tiger IIs, Jagdpanthers, Hetzers, SU-85s, SU-122s and such are all there, just using generic graphics... no JagdTiger yet though... Hmmm... may have to go build one... LOL....

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 5
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/24/2008 11:01:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Romeo13
Tiger IIs, Jagdpanthers, Hetzers, SU-85s, SU-122s and such are all there, just using generic graphics... no JagdTiger yet though... Hmmm... may have to go build one... LOL....

Actually, the SU-122 is in the game and has its own unique model, as does the SU-152. Give them a try.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 6
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/24/2008 11:07:53 PM   
JMass

quote:

check your armor folder... Tiger IIs, Jagdpanthers, Hetzers, SU-85s, SU-122s and such are all there, just using generic graphics...

I have edited some .xml file, for example now my SU-85 has the SU-122's silhouette instead that of the generic Pz III.

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 7
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/25/2008 12:02:42 AM   
Romeo13

LOL... yeah, I've been playing with editing as well...  My Jagdpathers now look like SU-122s with german drivers instead of generic tanks.  Its about as close as anything in the prebuilt gets to the correct image.... Now I'm trying to figure out how to change the base colors...

I've been playing around trying to do things like mate a Stug III Turret to a PvIII N structure... so they'd have the side skirts... no luck yet though...

I'm not much of a 3d modeler... LOL...

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 8
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/25/2008 12:05:12 AM   
Romeo13

One reason I'm so interested in Jgds and Hetzers and such is that I'm in the process of building a German Tank Destroyer Campaign.... basicly modeled on the infantry campaign but based on a TD Battalion...

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 9
RE: Tank Graphics? - 4/25/2008 1:28:27 AM   
Mobius

quote:

One reason I'm so interested in Jgds and Hetzers and such is that I'm in the process of building a German Tank Destroyer Campaign.... basicly modeled on the infantry campaign but based on a TD Battalion...
Before I built the Ferdinand I used the Panzerjager IV model for it. And for most other german models that I don't have.

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 10
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/1/2008 7:13:01 PM   
Romeo13

[/quote]Before I built the Ferdinand I used the Panzerjager IV model for it. And for most other german models that I don't have.

[/quote]

Panzerjager IV model? Hmmm... I don't see that one...

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 11
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/1/2008 9:37:35 PM   
Mobius

quote:

Before I built the Ferdinand I used the Panzerjager IV model for it. And for most other german models that I don't have.

Panzerjager IV model? Hmmm... I don't see that one...

I'm sorry I meant the StuG III F.

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 12
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/2/2008 3:31:41 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

I've been playing around trying to do things like mate a Stug III Turret to a PvIII N structure... so they'd have the side skirts... no luck yet though...

Your problem may be the complete lack of a turret on all StuG III vehicles....hard to match up a turret that isn't there....

Go get em Modders!!! The sooner you guys get started the sooner the rest of us will have THOUSANDS of new vehicle and terrain textures to choose from.

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 13
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/2/2008 5:49:05 PM   
Romeo13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

quote:

Your problem may be the complete lack of a turret on all StuG III vehicles....hard to match up a turret that isn't there....

Go get em Modders!!! The sooner you guys get started the sooner the rest of us will have THOUSANDS of new vehicle and terrain textures to choose from.

Good Hunting.

MR

In the XML file for the vehicle, it has a StuG turret listed... I figured it was the superstructure and gun assembly.... and should line up with the origonal turret... but it seems there is somthing else going on. I can get the Hull to show, but the gun assembly and such does not. Might be a positioning problem....

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 14
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/2/2008 6:47:00 PM   
Mobius

quote:

In the XML file for the vehicle, it has a StuG turret listed... I figured it was the superstructure and gun assembly.... and should line up with the origonal turret... but it seems there is somthing else going on. I can get the Hull to show, but the gun assembly and such does not. Might be a positioning problem....
That points to a null or place holder file for turretless vehicles.

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 15
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/2/2008 6:47:46 PM   
PDiFolco

quote:

What's the idea ? A StuGIII was a PzIII hull with a casemate instead of a turret, so reverse engineering a PzIII turret to a StuGIII will just give again ... A PzIII !

(in reply to Romeo13)
Post #: 16
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/2/2008 11:33:27 PM   
Romeo13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

quote:

That points to a null or place holder file for turretless vehicles.

Sooo... with Assault guns they made the Superstructure and Gun part of the hull? That explains a lot but seems kind of rudundant... there were lots of German models that used standard hulls/wheels/track assemblies with different superstructures... seems like it would have been easier to use the Tank Hulls, then add a superstructure/gun graphic for Assault Guns (like turrets for tanks) instead of modeling the same shapes twice... may have ended up with some polygons on the hull being overlaped by the superstructure... but I'm not sure if the count would have been too high..

Oh well... it does explain why no guns were showing up...

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 17
RE: Tank Graphics? - 5/2/2008 11:35:16 PM   
Romeo13

quote:

ORIGINAL: PDiFolco

quote:

What's the idea ? A StuGIII was a PzIII hull with a casemate instead of a turret, so reverse engineering a PzIII turret to a StuGIII will just give again ... A PzIII !

Model difference... putting the StuG superstructure on the existing Pzr IIIN Hull would give a StuG with side skirts... which is what I was looking for...

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Tank Graphics? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI