Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forum font size in editor window

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Forum font size in editor window Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forum font size in editor window - 3/23/2002 10:36:26 PM   
Ed Cogburn

Please, PLEASE, increase the font size in the editor window (tiny black text on white background), its too darn small! I have to reset my system back to 1024x768 just so I can read the cotton-pickin' text in the editor window! Please be nice to the nearly blind grognards around here. :) Surely the forum software allows for larger default fonts for the editor window?
Post #: 1
- 3/24/2002 6:16:02 PM   
HerrGeneral

What Browser/Operating System are you using?

Rod

(in reply to Ed Cogburn)
Post #: 2
- 3/25/2002 4:39:58 PM   
Ed Cogburn

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HerrGeneral
[B]What Browser/Operating System are you using?

Rod [/B][/QUOTE]

Netscape 6.21, Win98SE

I've tried playing with the font settings under Preferences->Appearance, but none apparently control the particular font used in the edit window. The option "Allow documents to use other fonts" helped a little, but I still find I need to drop down to at least 1152x864 res to make working in the edit window possible. Because the font size changed a llittle with the "Allow documents to use other fonts" option mentioned above, I figured the font and/or the font size is coming from your end.

(in reply to Ed Cogburn)
Post #: 3
- 3/25/2002 5:31:45 PM   
Marc von Martial

Hi,

the font size in the "Edit Window" (I assume you mean the one where you write your posts in) is set at the same size as the main Forum font. So when you can read the posts in the threads you should have no problem to read the text in the "Edit Window" too.

I checked that with 3 different Browsers now (inclluding Netscape 6.21) on a 1280x1024 resolution and with every browser the font size looked the same size.

What´s your systems global font size set at?

(in reply to Ed Cogburn)
Post #: 4
- 3/28/2002 8:57:04 PM   
Ed Cogburn

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Marc Schwanebeck
[B]the font size in the "Edit Window" (I assume you mean the one where you write your posts in) is set at the same size as the main Forum font. So when you can read the posts in the threads you should have no problem to read the text in the "Edit Window" too.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know what to say, but this is not happening for me. My global fonts (Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced) are 135% size. In Netscape, (Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Fonts) changing the "Proportional" font size changes the font on the forum pages, but not the font in the editing/composition window, it remains much smaller.

Sincerely,
Baffled

(in reply to Ed Cogburn)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Forum font size in editor window Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI