Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Sound Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound - 9/26/2000 10:23:00 PM   
mmarquo

I am having one heck of a time getting sound to play consistently...I deleted all prior versions of spwaw, edited out all prior references to spwaw and matrix games from my registry, reinstalled spwawv4...all to no avail...help, please?

Post #: 1
- 9/26/2000 10:32:00 PM   
Voriax

Ok, so this time there is no need to ask about correct installation If you encounter lack of firing sounds when in close combat, that is somewhat normal. I think it's been a permanent bug since SP1 that in such cases most/all weapon sounds vanish occasionally. Of course if you specify what sorts of inconsistency you experience and did all work fine in previous version(s) of SPWAW it might help. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 2
- 9/26/2000 10:39:00 PM   
Fuerte

And if you have "fast artillery" on, then you don't hear artillery sounds.

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 3
- 9/27/2000 1:26:00 AM   
mmarquo

All prior versions of spwaw worked just fine...in fact, I initially just upgraded the last version to spwawv4 and it seemed to work okay the first time I used it; then the second time the sound went out so I deleted everything, downloaded spwaw4 fresh and installed it (not as the upgrade) and it doesn't have consistent sound...??? Thanx

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 4
- 9/27/2000 3:50:00 AM   
The MSG

If u want sound in close combat in the SteelPanthers series of games, just zoom in, sounds like Im pulling your chain, but it actually work! ------------------ The MSG

"Arf! Arf! Thats my other dog impression."
-Oddball

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 5
- 9/27/2000 9:09:00 PM   
BA Evans

I had some problems when I upgraded to v4.0. I finally decided not to mess around with upgrading and downloaded the complete version. I haven't had any problems with this. BA Evans

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 6
- 9/28/2000 3:29:00 AM   
mmarquo

Thanx for all of your input...but there is still only very intermittent sound...once again I deleted the entire program, reinstalled it; tried it again ---> no luck; tried running it from the DOS prompt ---> no luck; it's wierd ---when the game starts, the intro works just fine, then when the game choice screen starts ---> no sound, and SP without sound is just not the same! Any help out there? Marquo

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 7
- 9/28/2000 4:29:00 AM   
Voriax

Marquo, so you have the intro sound, but in the actual game you have no sounds at all? No background sounds? Usually people report that some sounds are missing..but all... If you try just playing these waw's in some player, do they work all right? Does all other games you may have work fine? Have you done any hardware changes? What soundcard do you have? Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 8
- 9/28/2000 7:06:00 AM   
mmarquo

The sound only works intermittently...ie. sometimes for infantry, not for tanks...or visa versa...or the machine guns will work but not flamethrower... I have a creative soundblaster 16 card; I updated all of my drivers today...no luck... no hardware changes...all other games work...in fact all prior versions and upgrades of spwaw worked perfectly...why not spwaw4??? Thanx for yur help Marquo

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 9
- 9/28/2000 7:32:00 AM   
Bulldog61

Marquo - have you tried reduce the acceleration level of your sound card? If not right click on the speaker in the tray on the right hand corner of your taskbar. Click on Adjust Audio properties You should have a playback frame on the top of this screen. Click on the "Advanced properties" button. Click on the performance tab, there should be a perfomance slider move that all the way to the left. That worked for me.

You can run but you'll die tired!

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 10
- 9/28/2000 8:01:00 PM   
mmarquo

Thanx MikeKramer....I tried slowing down the acceleration as you suggested...but again to no avail...have the sound files been "upgraded" in this newest version? If so, is there some way to "downgrade" them? Thanx... Marquo

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 11
- 9/28/2000 8:51:00 PM   
Warhorse

Marquo, do the wav. files play if you double click on them in explorer? You weren't by chance playing around with the sound files atr any time, and accidently changed the way they are played? Just trying to understand this, I've occasionally had sounds 'stutter', or a machine gun might be skipped in a line of 4 weapons firing. Sorry if this doesn't help. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 12
- 9/28/2000 11:13:00 PM   
SAMWolf

I had a problem with sounds being clipped or choppy. I finally got the sounds to work properly by turning of hardware acceleration on my sound card. (Diamond Monster MX300)

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 13
- 9/28/2000 11:56:00 PM   
Fuerte

I have had no problems with MX300. Get the latest drivers from here: http://www.vortexofsound.com/drivers/drivers-2.htm Also make sure you have DirectX 7.1.

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 14
- 9/29/2000 8:27:00 AM   
Bulldog61

Fuerte - Good one on Direct x 7.1. Marquo - If thats not the problem check and see if your sound card is double installed.

You can run but you'll die tired!

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 15
- 9/29/2000 10:31:00 PM   
donoldskay

Did the upgrade installation made a second Steel Panthers World at War subdirectory as a subdirectory of the original Steel Panthers World at War subdirectory? If so and the upgrade files and directories were installed in the second SPWAW subdirectory, try copying the files from the sound directory in the original SPWAW directory into the sound directory in the second or new SPWAW directory. After much thrashing around, this worked for me. Great game buteven greater with all of the sound.

(in reply to mmarquo)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Sound Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI