Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Zones of Control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Zones of Control Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zones of Control - 5/13/2008 2:47:46 AM   
cyqq

Hi all: I'm having problems finding a definitive answer to exactly how zones of control are handled in this game. If anyone has an full answer, that would be much appreciated. Specific questions are: which units exert zoc? do units exert zones of control in adjacent hexes? If opposing forces are in the same hex, I understand that supplies can't transit through the hex to either side, but can they flow into the hex from nearby friendly bases?

In my game, I (as Japan) have Chunking surrounded, and units in the hex of the city. There is a hill to the Southeast of the city on which a single chinese LCU is located. For some reason, many of my Japanese units in the city have zero supply, and the rest are rather low. What could be the reason for this?

Many thanks for any help.

Post #: 1
RE: Zones of Control - 5/13/2008 3:36:29 AM   
Redd

There are no zones of control. If you hit the W key the map will show little a's and j's which show ownership of the hex. A hex can have both at the same time if both sides have units there. You cannot move from a hex with your opponnents ownership directly into another hex also showing enemy ownership, even if you show ownership in both hexes as well.

This means that once you surround a unit, the surrounding units can leave as long as a unit stays in the surrounded hex. You can trace supply out but your opponnent can't.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 2
RE: Zones of Control - 5/13/2008 6:09:43 AM   
Canoerebel

Understand zones of control and how they affect movement?  In this game?  Hah!  Get a Ouiji Board, cast some tea leaves, and hope for a strong line of second sight in your family.  And you'll still get screwed up stuff when you try to move your units over land when there's an enemy unit around.  Everyone who has played this game can give umpteen examples of weird stuff happening.  This simplest rule is:  don't get cut off.

(in reply to Redd)
Post #: 3
RE: Zones of Control - 5/13/2008 6:47:50 AM   
John 3rd

I'll back-up my noble opponent with that sentiment...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 4
RE: Zones of Control - 5/13/2008 7:57:00 PM   
Rainer

quote:

can they flow into the hex from nearby friendly bases?

Stock (no mods), Scen 15, Human Allied against AI Axis, 1.806. July 1942.

Mandalay is British, at least 3 Japanese Divisions are in the same hex.
Mandalay is supplied by daily flights (C-47, Dacota) out of nearby British bases (Chandpur and Akyab).
That works, supply level is increasing substantially.
The answer to (this part of) your question is Yes

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Zones of Control Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI