Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MCNA Sales Idea:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCNA Sales Idea: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MCNA Sales Idea: - 3/26/2002 10:21:43 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Considering that Matrix has no more disks of MCNA, and also considering that it would be preferable for monies for the sale of MCNA to go to Matrix, rather than another site, I had this idea:

I have the MCNA disk, which I purchased from Matrix. A friend of mine would like to have MCNA. Rather than purchase it from a third pary, I let them install MCNA from my disk and my friend sends the cost of the game to Matrix with a note explaining that they are paying for downloading the game off of my disk.

This way Matrix gets its fair due for this great MC and the person who I let use my disk get the MCNA. A win/win situation as far as I can see. Opinions?

Eric Maietta
Post #: 1
- 3/26/2002 11:49:58 PM   
Belisarius

Interesting idea, but it'd need some kind of verification along with it. How else are you gonna tell that it's a "valid" copy?

I can also imagine it'll turn up weird in Matrixgames' accounting books... revenues from something they, in fact, haven't "sold".

Im no legal/finance expert, better leave a good response to the Matrix dudes themselves :p

Got StuG?

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 3/27/2002 6:43:55 AM   
Fallschirmjager

The IRS would love this...

Post #: 3
- 3/27/2002 6:51:21 AM   
Paul Vebber

LOL, like the waitress who only made 8 bucks a day in tips...HONEST!!!

Unfortunately I don't think such an idea is practical.

There are still copies of MCNA around, I have a dozen odd. IF someone can't find it anywhere else, and really wants it, email me and I'll tell you where to send a check...

Post #: 4
- 3/27/2002 7:05:21 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Does this mean your not having any more made?

I didnt buy the NA disc because I didnt have enough cash/ wasnt very interested in North Africa.

If the two MCs I bought are cool enough(they look like they will be). I will probally want to buy it on down the road. Will I get the chance?

Post #: 5
- 3/27/2002 7:35:07 AM   
rich12545

I still think the best idea is to offer it as a download online. You get your money legitimately and the customer gets the game. Win-Win. Other companies do it and I can't see any reason you can't.

Post #: 6
- 3/27/2002 8:05:24 AM   
Bing

Gentlemen - Go to:

http://www.cdmag.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi_home

the Chips and Bits home page. Click on search, type in "desert fox" and hit enter. You can order MCNA right now - C&B ship same day provided you place the order no later than 2:00 PM or 2:30 PM EST US timezone. They do not work on Saturdays and Sundays. They ship everywhere, including overseas and their shipping charges are quite reasonable.

I do not work for Chips and Bits. They are a fine retailer and deserve credit for what they do, in stocking every possible game for the gamer and providing the best possible service.

Bing

Post #: 7
- 3/27/2002 9:12:03 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Thanks bing but I think I was misunderstood.

Im unable to buy the game right now, it will probally be a early summer project.

I know the game will be out of stock then, will matrix have a re-issue? so I can buy them when Im able?

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MCNA Sales Idea: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI