Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More Chaos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> More Chaos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Chaos - 5/29/2008 8:45:03 AM   
Pascal_slith

I may be repeating myself, but here's a suggestion I've had in the past.

The outcome of campaigns etc in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, European and western USSR theater definitely had an influence on the availability of men and materials in the Pacific theater. Currently this is only simulated by required withdrawls of Royal Navy ships and by the variable arrival dates choices.

Why not extend withdrawls to Soviet and US units? Had the German campaigns in the USSR gone better for them, the Soviet units in Siberia would have certainly been used to some extent. Had the Germans had more success in the Atlantic, more DDs, DEs, CVEs, tankers and cargo ships would have been kept there and maybe even taken from the Pacific.

The easiest would be to increase the variable arrival dates choices to include +/- 120 days and even +/- 240 days or more if that is possible (I gather these are hard coded somewher in the software, unfortunately). This solution, though, does not take care of withdrawls.

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Post #: 1
RE: More Chaos - 5/29/2008 10:15:16 AM   
bradfordkay

You might want to read all the "official" AE threads from the beginning. In doing so you will find that unit withdrawal is completely revamped.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: More Chaos - 5/29/2008 7:03:44 PM   
TheTomDude

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

You might want to read all the "official" AE threads from the beginning. In doing so you will find that unit withdrawal is completely revamped.

Hm I thought its still there but with a fixed withdrawl date for every single ship ?!

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 3
RE: More Chaos - 5/29/2008 8:13:44 PM   
Gem35

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pascal

I may be repeating myself, but here's a suggestion I've had in the past.

The outcome of campaigns etc in the Atlantic, Mediterranean, European and western USSR theater definitely had an influence on the availability of men and materials in the Pacific theater. Currently this is only simulated by required withdrawls of Royal Navy ships and by the variable arrival dates choices.

Why not extend withdrawls to Soviet and US units? Had the German campaigns in the USSR gone better for them, the Soviet units in Siberia would have certainly been used to some extent. Had the Germans had more success in the Atlantic, more DDs, DEs, CVEs, tankers and cargo ships would have been kept there and maybe even taken from the Pacific.

The easiest would be to increase the variable arrival dates choices to include +/- 120 days and even +/- 240 days or more if that is possible (I gather these are hard coded somewher in the software, unfortunately). This solution, though, does not take care of withdrawls.

T responded to this question in the Naval Thread.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1637602

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

Post #: 4
RE: More Chaos - 5/30/2008 7:48:41 AM   
Pascal_slith

Thanks for the thread reference. It's a start. I would like this for LCU's and air units too, though.

Or again as an alternative to all this a larger range for the variable availability settings...

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 5
RE: More Chaos - 5/31/2008 3:46:02 AM   
Gem35

I believe some of the LCUs have a "disband" date set for them in the new expansion.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> More Chaos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI