Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any news

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Any news Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any news - 6/1/2008 9:03:52 PM   
elmerlee

on the May patch which has been pushed to June? Just asking.
Post #: 1
RE: Any news - 6/2/2008 12:25:12 AM   
therhino

It's the first day of June, so I wouldn't go crazy yet.

David and the testers are working on it I am sure.

TheRhino

< Message edited by Marauders -- 6/3/2008 7:43:13 PM >

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 2
RE: Any news - 6/3/2008 7:12:54 PM   
David Winter

Hi.

The best news I can give is that we're working on it. I know this is not exactly helpful, but some of the corrections I've been working on are taking longer to get right than I'd hoped.

thanks
David
Post #: 3
RE: Any news - 6/3/2008 9:24:51 PM   
elmerlee

Thanks for taking the time to answer David,

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 4
RE: Any news - 6/15/2008 4:41:04 PM   
Mykal

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 5
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 4:18:15 AM   
elmerlee

I know David is giving it a shot to get the game in shape to actually get a league playable but I have a need for a football fix so it's time to move on.

Having no indication when a good patch is coming and seeing interest on this board lagging bothers me enough to go back to the old standby. No name mentioned for fear of this being deleted or incuring the wrath of the fanatics.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 6
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 4:32:37 AM   
David Winter

elmerlee. I'm working on the patch. That's the best I can give you.

As for the lag in board posts. It's June. I would expect people to be outside. The summer always has a drop in post activity.

thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 6/16/2008 5:12:56 AM >

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 7
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 6:39:43 AM   
DONMVP

As David said its june , and some our out playing . Some of us our hard at work , creating uniforms and making leagues for ourselves and the group.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 8
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 12:26:33 PM   
Mykal

Well I'm right with elmerlee this time
not wishing to sound rude,
but its time to move on to something that actually plays
and I'll say it for you elmerlee "Madden" there I said it
never thought I would but there you go.

Mykal

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 9
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 3:13:22 PM   
garysorrell

Im not sure what is so unplayable about MaxFB to some folks. Granted, im playing the most recent test build, so I may have forgotten some of the issues people are having with the last release version.

But, that being said, I dont think I could ever go back to Madden or FbPro. Both are incredibly limited, and honestly im not sure how their 'play' of football is any better.

Every version of Madden I have ever played has been a two play playbook. Theres 2 plays that work every time, or at least enough to pound your opponent. As for FBpro, well, its a cinch to exploit the AI. And as soon as you create a good playbook, or download a good one, the game is no more competetive than the rest.

Im not a paid employee of Davids, so I dont benefit financially from max in any way. So as crass as it may sound, the version im playing now could be the last PC football game I ever play and I would be fine with that. Im not a nuts and bolts football fanatic, so maybe im not as obsessed with some of the areas on the field that some people complain about.

I do think some people are expecting a level of perfection from MaxFB that ISNT in either FbPro or Madden.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 10
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 3:49:39 PM   
Mykal

Gary my Man,

I certainly aint expecting perfection
and I certainly am not jumping on you, any of the other testers or David for that matter
Being rude is not in my nature to start with and I hate conflict.

That said

What I expect from Max Football is
Stats that reflect what happened on the field and not a load of duplicated nonsense
and for the imports rule (in canadaian rules) to actually work, because it doesnt
also I expect the game to be able to generate fantasy canadian players, which it doesnt

Thats hardly seeking perfection brother,
just a level of play I expected to get buying a game that was (correct me if I'm wrong)
designed originally for canadian rules football.

I never complain about play books (there usually the creator of the playbooks fault when they dont work anyway)
I certainly never complain about price
nor about graphics because this can also be made better

I am not here to generate arguments or conflict nor seeking perfection
but I expect to be able to play a game I paid £35 for (over 68 dollars american) not sit around for 3 months waiting for fix patches.

After all you wouldnt buy a microwave oven that had faulty program settings
and sit around for 3 months waiting for it to be fixed would you ????

This is my point brother, Mykal

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 11
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 5:50:48 PM   
simmer

I am having very good results with the latest build. I am a former Front Page Sports FBPRO fan and this build is comparable if not better in some ways. I just wish that this game was made easier to pick the plays, like the FBPRO coach let you.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 12
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 6:03:14 PM   
elmerlee

It is great that you guys are having good results with the latest build. Since I don't have they latest build,and we common folk don't have any indication of when we will have it,that does not help us one bit.And after about two years are most people tired of making pretty pictures?

I would be more that happy to work with the upcoming build,even in beta form,so maybe more of us could get this build and speed-up the testing process.It seems that the lack of testers has been a major hurdle for this game from the start.

Check football-freaks and see where Madden is headed.Time is quickly running out for MaxFB.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 13
RE: Any news - 6/16/2008 6:30:37 PM   
Mykal

Simmer,

Good results ??????????

Yeah I can win games too, but thats hardly the point i was raising
I'm right with elmerlee, fed of waiting to actually play this game
I bought it to play football not make uniforms, if you see my point bro.

Mykal

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 14
RE: Any news - 6/17/2008 1:54:05 AM   
garysorrell

I wasnt trying to stir anything up, I was seriously curious about what people were having issues with that made them consider the game unplayable.

Mykal, when you mention 'stats that reflect whats happening on the field', are you meaning the quick sim results?

quote:

It seems that the lack of testers has been a major hurdle for this game from the start.

I dont think this is currently an issue, but I cant speak for things prior to me becoming a tester. But I can tell you that I and a few other testers usually download the builds LITERALLY as David is uploading them(often in the early am). And the testing of 'fixed' bugs is immediate. We also find bugs during testing, and that leads to new fixes and more testing.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 15
RE: Any news - 6/17/2008 2:23:29 AM   
simmer

What does it take to become a beta tester?????????? I think as long as I supported this game I would at least like an offer to be one!

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 16
RE: Any news - 6/17/2008 2:26:42 AM   
Mykal

I wasn't trying to stir up trouble either Bro
just trying to be as factual as possible (whilst actually getting a little frustrated)

No I wasnt referring to quick sim, to be honest I have never quick simmed a game (so dont know if it happens in quick sim)
I always allow all games to play out and the stats are always duplicated on scoring drives
which is more than a little annoying:
if your QB manages to throw 4 TD Passes in a game, his stats make him look like Payton Manning on steroids and bionics
every scoring drive is duplicated in stats, one 20 yard TD pass becomes two 20 yard passes in his stats
and the same for the Wide out, he is credited double stats.

And the Canadian players is another thing altogether, when you generate a fantasy team every single player is american
which also means the Import restriction rule doesnt work, because it allows a whole squad of american players to take the field
with not a single Canadian to be seen for miles.

Now to your points,

Yes I appreciate that testing takes time and during that testing extra bugs might also be found and need fixing.

I might seem to be getting a little rattled and inpatient (which actually I am)
But let me assure you, I aint trying to rush anyone on testing and fixing
a poor or rushed job done on testing and fixing would only bring us right back to where we are now, neededing more fixes
which wouldnt help anyone or give anyones confidence a boost.

Things take time to get right, I appreciate that 100%.

I'd just like to be able to play some canadian rules football, with canadian players made by the game not hours of editing
with the imports rule in force and working and not have it look like I fielded Superman at QB in the stats.

So I get rattled when I cant (after all, thats why I bought this title)
I do my best to always be constructive when pointing out faults but its hard sometimes to stay level headed when things wined you up
but I am never rude 100% of the time and you couldn't get me to actually argue with you in anger if you tried Bro.

I know you all do your level best 110% of the time and dont always get the credit deserved.

Later Bro, Mykal

Post #: 17
RE: Any news - 6/17/2008 2:51:59 AM   
garysorrell

The duplicate stats bug has been fixed. Im almost positive I was the one that brought it up to David early on....or maybe I wasnt, but I remember talking with him about it, either way....he fixed it. So far, the boxscores are looking great. Im pretty picky about that sort of thing also. I bought Max for career play, and stats are a big part of that.

I will check with him on the Canadian players thing. He knows about it, but I havent looked to see for myself if its fixed in our current build. If not, I will ask him about it again.

Mykal, you are always level headed. Thanks man.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 18
RE: Any news - 6/17/2008 2:58:27 AM   
Mykal

No worries Bro,
Stats fixed: excellent.

And yes , I do try, upbringing man you know
manners and politeness, always.

Later Good Buddy, Mykal

Post #: 19
RE: Any news - 6/17/2008 9:26:41 PM   
leeman67

Lately, I've been nothing more than lurking but I'll weigh in here with my opinion (for what little that is worth).  I'm no programmer, so I cannot possibly imagine what goes into creating an update and implementing it.  So I fully empathize with David and his team, and cannot thank him enough for continuing to try and improve this game.  We should exercise the upmost patience here and know that he will at least try to address each and every concern we raise.  That's WAY more than can be said of EA's team of thousands who create the newest version of Madden every year.  I have been down on Madden for so long because it's sole focus seems to be on eye candy and stupid new features that no one asked for, while taking away features that we all desperately want (like using custom teams in Franchise mode.  Duh).

I think that Maximum Football still offers the potential to be the most complete PC football game on the market.  It is more easily mod-able (is that a word?) than Madden, and has that potential to be a better actual sim of football than Madden is.  I think it was Redwolf who once mentioned how frustrating it is that we can spend hours and hours testing different slider settings in Madden trying to capture statistical Utopia, when in fact the game has a built in mind-of-its-own anyway and usually plays out in ways that completely disregard individual player ratings and playbooks.  At least I feel that with MaxFB the skill ratings mean something and play themselves out accordingly.  Or at least they are more likely to. 

As statistical accuracy and gameplay are my top concerns, I am concerned about the double stats issue that Mykal brings up and some other not-so-little issues that are there.  That said, I'm not too concerned as I have no reason to think they won't be fixed.  I just have to be patient.  I knew when I laid down my 40 bucks to purchase this game that it was somewhat of a work-in-progress, but that the developer was directly engaged with the customers and was continuing to improve the game.  That, alone, made it worth it for me to give it a chance.  And I have not regretted it, and will happily and willingly part with another $10-15 to see if further updated and improved.  As someone else remarked, Madden charges full price for nothing more than a glorified roster update every year, so at least David is being honest with what he's charging us and why.     

I will not give up on this game, and will remain patient that David and his team will address the flaws and get us to where we want to be.  I do admit that I find myself venturing back over to Football-Freaks every now and then to see the latest on their "Mod Madden 09" project.  It's very intriguing, although I have to admit that the whole thing seems so damn tedious and complicated, and again I'm concerned if the game's hard-coded flaws will eventually render all that effort pointless in the end, anyway.  So I'm way more skeptical of that project than I am of David's ability to continue improving MaxFB and eventually giving us what we all envisioned it could be from the beginning.  Just my opinion. 

Peace.

Lee 

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 20
RE: Any news - 6/18/2008 12:18:22 AM   
Mykal

Kewl Leeman, Well said

Mykal

(in reply to leeman67)
Post #: 21
RE: Any news - 6/18/2008 1:39:35 AM   
garysorrell

Good words leeman67, agree with most of it.

Point one, the double stats thing is fixed...it's gone.

quote:

eventually giving us what we all envisioned it could be from the beginning

I would be careful of this expectation however. Expectations are relative. Maximum Football is already, way more than I expected...and I would be content with the game as is. Because, as David has said before, his original plan for MaxFB was a football game where a couple players could choose teams and play with different rules. All the season, career stuff was added along the way as people(us)hounded him to add it. There has to be at some point, a time when David says thats it. The game is where it is and thats it. No developer updates and patches forever. And there will likely be the camp that is and has been satisfied, and the camp that isnt.

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 22
RE: Any news - 6/18/2008 2:07:53 AM   
therhino

I am getting really confused. I don't know what to think is their going be a 3.0 or not? I keep heaing about if theirs no support for the game don't expect more versions of Maximum Football. For all I know their may not even be a 2.5. I want MaxFB to succeed because this is by far the best football game I have ever played, but I would like a couple of answers. Right now I am guessing 2.5 will be the last verion of MaxFB unless we get a lot more people to buy the game. If it does sell extremely well then their might be a 3.0 in late 2009 or early 2010. If the game does not sell well then we have seen the last of the greatest idea for a sports video game. Am I correct or am I missing something? I am not trying to be harsh, but I want to know what the future of MaxFB is.
TheRhino

Post #: 23
RE: Any news - 6/18/2008 5:44:30 AM   
leeman67

quote:

Point one, the double stats thing is fixed...it's gone.

Great news garysorrell!

quote:

I would be careful of this expectation however. Expectations are relative. Maximum Football is already, way more than I expected...and I would be content with the game as is. Because, as David has said before, his original plan for MaxFB was a football game where a couple players could choose teams and play with different rules. All the season, career stuff was added along the way as people(us)hounded him to add it. There has to be at some point, a time when David says thats it. The game is where it is and thats it. No developer updates and patches forever. And there will likely be the camp that is and has been satisfied, and the camp that isnt.

Good point. I know it's all relative and we each have different expectations. The ability to alter the rules is no doubt the most important and unique feature that MaxFB offers, and it is certainly one of the main things that drew me to it. I had followed its progress for quite some time before it was finally released, and the other main thing that captured my interest was its intent to pick up where Fbpro left off. Despite its primitive graphics and visuals, I still think Fbpro was and still is the best PC football game ever made. FBPro99 was an attempt to continue that and add the visual part that Madden has since mastered (to a point). But of course it was a miserable, bug-ridden failure. Then along came David Winter and his MaxFB project with the ability to design custom playbooks and use 3rd party utilities. So hope was restored for me at least. So that's basically where I'm coming from. If it's not "in the game" already (to quote EA Sports), I at least hope for the ability to put it in the game myself (or ask someone to do it for me :)). That's the appeal of MaxFB for me.

Lee

Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Any news Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI