Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This week's SPWAW Top Ten List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> This week's SPWAW Top Ten List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This week's SPWAW Top Ten List - 4/1/2002 4:42:28 AM   
Bernie

AbsntMndedProf did a nice Top Ten list last week, and promised us a new one this week. However, since he seems to have been kidnapped by the Easter Bunny (we'll have an upcoming SPWAW scenario on that I'm sure), I guess it's up to me, as one of his collaborators, to post this week's new Top Ten list. So here goes:

Direct from the home office in Buenas Aries, Argentina...

[B]Top 10 Signs you've been playing SPWAW too long:

#10 The kids refer to your computer room as "the Bunker"

#9 Other guys trucks have mud flaps, yours has armored skirts

#8 An uncontrolable urge to fill sandbags when you visit the beach

#7 You see your boss coming and frantically try to "pop smoke"

#6 Your youngest child's legal middle name is M4A3

#5 You prefer surplus "K rations" to steak

#4 You refuse to use the parking lot at work until engineering checks it for mines.

#3 When you golf you prefer to play from the rough unless your cart has an AA mount

#2 You can spot all the equipment errors in every WWII movie ever made

And the #1 sign you've been playing SPWAW too long...

You mow your lawn in a hex grid pattern [/B]

What, me worry?
Post #: 1
re:top ten list - 4/1/2002 4:52:45 AM   
Goblin

After laughing 'til I choked, a thought sobered me up; that WAS me!! :eek:

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 2
- 4/1/2002 5:47:42 AM   
chief

bernie: well done LMAO (of course I am easily pleased)...all kidding aside, good job, BRAVO ZULU guy:D :D :D :D :) :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 3
- 4/1/2002 8:26:46 AM   
Kanon Fodder

Gotta love #1

:D

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 4
Great!! - 4/1/2002 9:54:27 AM   
John David

Great job Bernie! Letterman would be proud!

Just finished the 3rd battle in the MCNA campaign. One each day since friday. All I keep hearing in my head, no matter where I go, is that **** desert wind howling. Anyone who has played this MC, you know what sound I'm talking about. It reminds me of that scene from the tv show "Tour Of Duty" when seargent Anderson describes the buzzing sound in the jungles of "Nam.
If you ever saw that scene, you'll never forget it!!

Well, got to go take a shower and try to get this darn sand off:D .
3 days in the desert will do that to ya.;)

John

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 5
- 4/1/2002 1:22:45 PM   
nelmsm1

Can't wait to try #7 on Monday! LOL

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 6
- 4/1/2002 11:53:41 PM   
nelmsm1

Spot boss walking down hallway. Pop a smoke grenade and toss in front of door. From somewhere Boss pulls out MG42 and lays down covering fire as assistant plant manager advances with SMG. Call wife for mortar support but she just asks if I've been drinking. Toss satchel charge out doorway, suppresses boss and assistant plant manager, not to mention messing up the hair of three secretaries. Think I have the situation in hand when I hear a clanking noise outside. Where in the heck did they get a Panther? Pull bazooka from desk drawer and sight on Panther when I hear unruly haired secretaries scream. As I turn I hear the swoosh of the flamethrower and .............

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 7
- 4/2/2002 4:57:24 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nelmsm
[B]Spot boss walking down hallway. Pop a smoke grenade and toss in front of door. From somewhere Boss pulls out MG42 and lays down covering fire as assistant plant manager advances with SMG. Call wife for mortar support but she just asks if I've been drinking. Toss satchel charge out doorway, suppresses boss and assistant plant manager, not to mention messing up the hair of three secretaries. Think I have the situation in hand when I hear a clanking noise outside. Where in the heck did they get a Panther? Pull bazooka from desk drawer and sight on Panther when I hear unruly haired secretaries scream. As I turn I hear the swoosh of the flamethrower and ............. [/B][/QUOTE]

...with a roar the Panther turret goes ballistic through the roof. My faithful intern drops her flamethrower and drags me behind her reinforced desk as the APM regains his wits and his SMG starts singing again. Pulling out her cell phone she calls her pilot boyfriend and moments later a line of holes open up in the hallway ceiling as 28cm rockets pock mark the cubical partitions....

What, me worry?

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 8
- 4/2/2002 5:45:04 AM   
Charles2222

quote:

...with a roar the Panther turret goes ballistic through the roof. My faithful intern drops her flamethrower and drags me behind her reinforced desk as the APM regains his wits and his SMG starts singing again. Pulling out her cell phone she calls her pilot boyfriend and moments later a line of holes open up in the hallway ceiling as 28cm rockets pock mark the cubical partitions...

Having seen the hell that's broken loose, as my boss routs he says his usual, "My the force be with you, because I'm sure the heck not." Seeing desertions all around, I call for some camo (new in CL) cubicle mesh. Oddly enough, it turns out that in the hostile corporate environment that the best mesh is 'floor'. Having put floor mesh over the cubicle, the cubicle disappears and it looks like there is just carpeting there. Having achieved a cover no assaulter would expect, I then manage to get a few of the wonder weapon that works wonders (grenades), and proceed to wipe out the enemy one casualty at a time. Unfortunately before the last was slain, he had requisitioned all the smoke grenades from all of the ski troops and used them all. I'm now hoping he was Soviet with very low chance of a working radio......

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 9
- 4/2/2002 6:20:16 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles_22
[B]

Having seen the hell that's broken loose, as my boss routs he says his usual, "My the force be with you, because I'm sure the heck not." Seeing desertions all around, I call for some camo (new in CL) cubicle mesh. Oddly enough, it turns out that in the hostile corporate environment that the best mesh is 'floor'. Having put floor mesh over the cubicle, the cubicle disappears and it looks like there is just carpeting there. Having achieved a cover no assaulter would expect, I then manage to get a few of the wonder weapon that works wonders (grenades), and proceed to wipe out the enemy one casualty at a time. Unfortunately before the last was slain, he had requisitioned all the smoke grenades from all of the ski troops and used them all. I'm now hoping he was Soviet with very low chance of a working radio...... [/B][/QUOTE]

New in CL... That would be "Cubicle Leader", the new interoffice combat game from Matrix? :)

And let's not forget the new Mega Campaigns, starting with "Corprate Raider", and the great new scenario "Hostile Takeover".

Anyone have an OOB that shows the penetration factor for rubberband fired paperclips vs a Xerox copier?

What, me worry?

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 10
SPWaW - 4/2/2002 6:22:51 AM   
mogami

SPWaW Steel Partions War at Work?

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 11
Oops! - 4/2/2002 6:54:56 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Sorry about that! I'll tie a string around my finger so that I remember to post a new top ten list this coming weekend. (I guess I am absent minded!) :rolleyes:

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 12
- 4/2/2002 9:05:04 AM   
Charles2222

Cubicle Leader, War at Work.....oh brother!!! :D Actually I think "Work at War" works better, because SPWAW stands for Steel Panthers World at War.

quote:

Anyone have an OOB that shows the penetration factor for rubberband fired paperclips vs a Xerox copier?

Or how about sicking Dogbert on somebody? Actually I think the paperclips would require a vulnerable hit to be effective, probably through a vision port.

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> This week's SPWAW Top Ten List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI